Strange Call of Duty 2 Problem... SOLVED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Call of Duty 2 Problem... SOLVED

this has me puzzled, wonder if anyone else here has experienced it ?

bought the US version of Call of Duty 2 eons ago when i had a PAL 360, as it was region free. ran fine, no problems, always booted up. now i have an Asian 360, and i`ve finally got round to playing it again, i fired CoD2 into the 360, expecting it to work, but nope...

i got a "this game is not the correct region, please refer to blah.com/support for details" message ! ran it a couple of times, still booted me back to the dash and this message.

now, i`m confused, as its clearly a region free title, is listed here as one, i KNOW it plays fine on other consoles, just not on mine anymore anyone else had this happen to them ?
    Last edited by tbm; 28-10-2006, 12:59.

Not much help really, but I can confirm that I had a US copy running on my Japanese Xbox 360 without any issues. Not sure why it would be region locked to an Asian machine.

Comment

thanks for that, at least i know it works on a native Japanese machine, so it makes even less sense for it to be blocked on an Asian 360 guess it`ll be going to the trading folder then...

*EDIT* pic below :

Last edited by tbm; 27-10-2006, 22:11.

Comment

That is odd.

While there are some region free games that won't work on certain systems (such as NTSC-J consoles) Call of Duty isn't supposed to be one of them.

Not wanting to worry you, but people reported this sort of error intermittently in the 360 issues thread. If it starts happening with other games too it might be a sign that something is wrong with the system rather than the game?

Comment

mmm, it does seem to be running hot just now, and its sitting on top of the table, not in a shelf, etc. so plenty of air. here`s hoping its not gonna go on the fritz...

as for othe regions, i tried my copy of GRAW (PAL) works fine. Dead Rising (US) works fine also. its why i`m so flummoxed as to CoD2 not working.

Comment

It's not an error. The old Wiki page of region free games had the US version as being able to run on everything bar asian machines.

Comment

Geezer, you utter legend ! thanks for clearing that up, was fearful the ole 360 was having a whitey...

is that wiki page still available ? would be handy in future, as i only have P-A for reference when it comes to region free status.

Comment

The Wiki was deleted unfortunately, the only other list I can find is this one. It's used Play-Asia as it's source for quite a bit of stuff though.

Comment

many thanks for that guide Geezer, case closed

Comment

Working...
                  X