question about 60# in games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about 60# in games

sorry im new here and sorry if this has been asked a million times.

I have a pal gamecube and and old tv. It runs pal games at 60 hertz fine, but i also have a ps2 and when i run pal games at 60 hertz it appears black and white.

my question is, ive recently decided to get into importing us games, with the first being animal crossing running through freeloader. I have not recieved the game yet and am worried that it will not work with my TV. I am aware that the GC runs 60# games differently to the ps2 (i dont know the proper terms, something like GC uses pal 60# output and ps2 runs true ntsc).

Will using freeloder with a usa game utilise the same system as when runnng pal games at 60# or because it is a ntsc game will it run in a different ntsc mode (ie will it more than likely run only in black and white)?

anyway i hope someone can help and that wasnt a too confusing explanation of my problem, cheers

What video connection are you using?

Comment

just the standard one that comes with the GC, i use a RGB cable with my ps2 and its still B&W

Comment

If you're using an RGB cable with your PS2 and it's still black and white, then you're not using RGB. This means one of two things:

1) It's not a true RGB cable
        2) You're not on your TV's RGB SCART socket, or you've not switched to the RGB channel. Often a TV can have more than one mode on each AV channel, and usually only one of the SCARTS is RGB enabled.

Regards
        Marty

Comment

i only have one scart socket on my tv, and there only is one scart channel/option. my cable must not be true RGB then, oh well, ill have words with the bast***s that sold me it.

so what u guys are saying is that if i get a true RGB cable for my Cube i should have no problems running animal crossing?

Comment

Make sure your TV can run RGB, PS2 and Gamecube RGB cables can be bought from www.videogameimports.com he wont mess you about with poor cables and they are not expensive on either machine.

Once you're sorted with proper cables and after testing your TV displays correctly you'll know the score regarding your setup and imports.

Comment

That's right, assuming that your TV does support RGB, as you don't have the PAL/NTSC colour encoding issues with RGB.

Regards
              Marty

Comment

cheers for the advice! Im guessing i will just have to wait see what happens when it arrives.

Comment

Working...
                X