Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSTwo reset light flashing! Why?

Hi guys,

I have a problem, and a big one: my PSTwo turned off 5 minutes into FFXII (now you understand). I am currently in Japan, and I have US PSTwo, but seeing as the power supply is external voltage difference shouldn't be a problem. I plugged it to the 15A hub for multiple connections, was playing KH2 earlier with no problems. After about 5 minutes the console shut down, and I can't get it on again! When I unplugged it and plugged it again (both to the hub and directly to the socket) I got RESET button blinking several times (red light). What does it mean? Is there any way to fix it or repair it? If the latter, anyone knows a store in Nagoya that can do it?

Many thanks,
    Castor Krieg

Doesn't it say anything about a flashing light in the maunal?
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Don't have the manual with me, will try to google it. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I found the following passage in the manual:

"The RESET indicator flashes in red and the console does not work"

Do not use the console until the flashing stops. Placing the console in an extremely hot location or blocking the console's vents raises the internal temperature of the console, thus preventing proper operation

So it seems the console shut down itself as a result of high temperature. But I don't have anything blocking the vents, the console is under the TV, as always. Anyone got similar problem in the past?
      Last edited by Castor Krieg; 07-11-2006, 10:27.

Comment

It isn't on carpet is it? That's the only thing that would cause it to heat up that I know of.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

No, there is no carpet in this 15m2 Japanese condominium.

I cleaned the console and sprayed some air inside, connected to power outlet and the light is back. Will put it on standby for half an hour or so, then will try playing again. Hope nothing happens this time.

Thanks for your help J0e Musashi.

Comment

Working...
          X