Wii Component Cable? What for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii Component Cable? What for?

I might be slightly retarded but whats this lead for?

Is the lead with the Wii to go in a normal TV not good enough?

Whats the component lead? Does it plug in our monitors? What slot do we need on a TV to use it? SCART?

How do we know our TV surpports it?

Basicly what is it!

lol

Thanks
    Waz!

Component leads are mainly for use with lcd & plasma tv's and the main advantage is improved picture quality (without getting technical). The vast majority of crt's do not support it.

A component lead plugs into a special component input on the tv (not via scart). The input consists of 5 coloured phono sockets (red, green & blue for picture & red & white for audio).

If your tv has a component input then that's the best lead you can get. Otherwise it's worth buying an rgb scart lead as the bundled cables (composite video through a scart input) are awful.
    Last edited by tom-nook; 09-11-2006, 09:09.

Comment

my dell widescreen monitor has 1 yellow saying "Composite Video"

Only problem i wont get sound...
      My tv has a red, white and yellow on front? that composite?

Comment

You probably have the same/a similar Dell monitor as me. I don't think any of their monitors below 30" have component input. The white, red, yellow inputs on your TV are composite with sound.

Comment

yeah that's composite. on an lcd monitor composite looks REALLY bad!

Comment

Sounds like same setup as HD plugs but its just composite.

Will there be a Wii RGB lead, I think my TV have to settle for that.

Comment

Yes, there will be an RGB lead.

To clarify. Any phono sockets that are red and white in a pair are stereo sound.
              A phono socket that is yellow is for composite rubbish.
              3 phono sockets next to each that are red, geen and blue are for component.
              RGB in the UK will be via an RGB scart lead.

Comment

Here is a ' Component Lead '. Every plug is video: RED GREEN BLUE

Here is the standard ' Composite Cable ' .. It has one video plug and two audio plugs.

Basically the component lead separates the RED-GREEN-BLUE, so the picture quality is much better.

Composite mixes the signal together, which makes it look worse.

RGB Scart is basically the same picture quality as component, but it can't do progressive scan, which LCD televisions like.

With standard CRT televisions, RGB Scart is a great connection, and the Wii will look good!

Comment

There are also S-video, HDMI, VGA and DVI for input. But that depend on your setup and consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by revlob
                    You probably have the same/a similar Dell monitor as me. I don't think any of their monitors below 30" have component input. The white, red, yellow inputs on your TV are composite with sound.
                    The 24" does as well +svid, composite.

Comment

Working...
                    X