Why am I so bad at Pro Evo 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why am I so bad at Pro Evo 5?

Okay I was gonna buy PE6 for my 360 but a lot of u guys, along with many reviews I've read (including Gamestations) say it basically aint worth it, so I went out & got PE5 (XBOX) for a tenner.

I have to admit I havent really sat down & played a footy game for hrs since PE2 for the PSone & PE2 for the PS2. Back then I was pretty good. I'm not saying i was the king, but I was good. Plays flowed nicely, I'd set up a sensible & solid strategy, free kicks went in & I scored some blindin goals.

So I slap on PE5 & **** me its a fair bit different. I played a few games & lost & drew them, so I thought I'd try it on LIVE. So far I've played 3 gms & lost each 1 either 1-0 or 2-0. Whoever I was playing they looked in control & skilled. Some of their players ran rings around my defence & they were good at side stepping & the like. 1 or 2 goals were quality I have to admit.

1 thing that does gripe me though is that the trainings a bit weird & I see that the old player choosing cursor still seems to pick the wrong guy. Oh, & that my defenders sometimes seem to stop dead when an attacker tries to pass them, even when theyre facing the right way!!

So is it just a case of these online geezers putting in the hrs or me being ****? I remember on PE2 that it was like learning to play the great game, as in the more u played the more u improved. Is that still true to this day? If so I'll be boffin a fair bit on this for the next week or so before I take on anyone else.

well try using a PS2 pad as it help with some people via an adapter. I have put in lot of hours in it and still aren't that good.

Comment

I dont really mind using the 360 pad, as the wht & blk buttons are now LB & RB on the 360 pad so its similar to the PS2 controllers L1/L2, R1/R2 buttons.

I'm starting to think that it is a case of the more u play, the more u improve.
      I played a guy last night online who was divison 1, he picked Brazil so I picked France & we drew 0-0, & I had some great shots on goal & crosses/heads.

The training seems to be a bit touch & go when u play it, & some scenarios seem to be a waste of time doing.

Comment

What i used to do when i first started playing PES was edit the formation and move every player back into defence so the attacking team couldn't move among all the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti

So I slap on PE5 & **** me its a fair bit different. I played a few games & lost & drew them, so I thought I'd try it on LIVE. So far I've played 3 gms & lost each 1 either 1-0 or 2-0. Whoever I was playing they looked in control & skilled. Some of their players ran rings around my defence & they were good at side stepping & the like. 1 or 2 goals were quality I have to admit.
          To be fair, the only thing I've won on live is about 10 Mortal Kombat games. I find that (despite Microsoft claiming to have a fair matchmaking system set up) the only time I get in a game that is an evenly skilled one is with the people on my friends list. Otherwise I'm either thrashed, or I thrash them.

Comment

Working...
          X