Soundblaster Digital I/O module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soundblaster Digital I/O module

Does anyone know if this will work with my Audigy 2 ZS card? I know it doesn't list it on the website but it seems weird it would support the audigy 2 value but not the ZS. Would there be any alternatives to hook up my card to my amp with 5.1 funtionality?

Doesn't the ZS has a coaxial out? I own a standard Audigy 2 and I hook up my HT system through the coax out and everything works fine.

[edit] checked the ZS...guess it doesn't have any digital out. I think there's no way to hook up an HT to a ZS, it physically lacks any digital output...I haven't discovered what the large connector in the center does, though.
    Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 13-11-2006, 10:21.

Comment

The ZS does have a digital out, but it's a mini-din 3.5mm and you have to use an adaptor. Can't remember the details.

Comment

Yeah that one port is digital, but it's some weird standard you can only use for those PC 5.1 sets, I think maybe even only ones made by Creative. That I/O module plugs in there (atleast that's what I'm assuming) and let's you use coaxial and optical cables. So unless they changed those digital ports between the different cards it's strange it wouldn't work on the ZS. Anyway, I sent an email to Creative asking about this.

If it's not compatible I'm considering getting another card, would I get good sound from this Audigy 4 or should I opt for another model? It's only for movies and such, I don't do much gaming on the PC, but I do need good quality sound.

Edit: It doesn't have coax or optical out either, so I will need to get that module too, which costs about 25 euro's.

Comment

Apparently you can just use a 3.5mm mini-din to make it into a coaxial though?

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean, can you show me what exactly I would need for this?

Comment

Working...
            X