Worth playing Devil May Cry 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth playing Devil May Cry 2?

Just got my copy of the DMC anniversary collection. I played through 1 a while ago but havn't played 2 or 3. Is there much point in me playing 2 at all, I hear its awful but I wouldn't want to miss out on it if there's much in the way of story.

I know the story isn't that important with a series like this but i'd at least like to know whats going on when I sit down with DMC 3 if you know what I mean.

And is 2 really that bad?

Not played 2 either, but heard its pants. There is more than enough to do in 1 & 3 tbh so I'd skip it mate.

Comment

DMC 3 is a prequel to 1, so the storyline in 2 doesn't affect it.
      Afaik, it's being ignored in DMC4 too, so you can happily ignore it forever! Whee!

Comment

DMC 3 has no relation to DMC 2, having completed all 3 - id suggest strongly staying away from DMC 2 - its poor, and very boring...

JUST NO!

Comment

Do not play it

Comment

i would only say play it if you have never played 1 or 3

Comment

Ahh, I won't bother in that case. Cheers for the help.

Comment

It's OK if you've never played 1 or 3, but is tedious and uninvolving - it just doesn't 'hook' you. Some nice locations, graphics aren't too bad either, but I tried getting into it myself a few weeks back and stopped playing it after the 'city' level.

Comment

The main problems were making teh combat system ****e and making Dant0r a boring old geezer.

Comment

Working...
                  X