Can anybody tell me if the following PSP games are worth getting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anybody tell me if the following PSP games are worth getting

I recently traded in some games at Gamestation and still have some outstanding credit to use up, been looking at possibly buying one of the following games on the Psp, has anybody bought/played any of them and what did you think and of the five which would you recommend if any.

Field Commander
    Monster Hunter
    Moto Gp
    Gripshift
    Powerstone collection

Ta

Moto GP - love it myself, if you like the genre on PS2/Xbox you'll enjoy it, best handheld bike game.
    Gripshift - worth buying if cheap, fun racer.

Not played the rest.

All NTSC-uk PSP reviews listed here
    Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

Field commander is alright but i found it a tad dull compared to Advanced Wars.
      If you have never sampled the delights of the Powerstone games then that a good one to pick up (if you already have the DC games then don't bother).
      Gripshift is cheap and cheerful (should easily find it sub ?10).
      Haven't played the others.

Comment

Monster Hunter seems huge and has a big following. I bought it and couldn't possibly have hated it more. It looks pretty but I found it dull, awkward and, well, that's all really. Just dull and awkward. I think it was trying to be a fancy PSO and failed. Even if it hadn't failed, without net play it wouldn't be worthwhile. That's just my opinion - it seems to be doing very well so some people are loving it.

Have to say I would love a good handheld PSO...

Powerstone collection is exactly that. The two Powerstone games. Textures aren't as high res. It's not quite as smooth but it's still pretty good looking. If you liked PS1 and 2 you just may want this. I found once the nostalgia kick waned, I lost interest but there is no doubt that these are two excellent games and well presented. If I hadn't played them to death on the DC, I suspect I would have got much more from this.

Gripshift, I heard good things about this but, personally, I felt it was pants. Some good game ideas. Actually probably too many good game ideas - they didn't get them all working together. It didn't know whether it wanted to be Monkey Ball or a racing game and didn't succeed at either.

Haven't played the other two. Out of that list, I'd go for the Powerstone Collection but I reckon there are better PSP games out there that you haven't listed.

Comment

I have all of those, and the only one I didn't like was Monster Hunter, which bored me senseless.

Of the ones you listed, I think Field Commander is the best game.

Comment

Cheers for your comments guys.

I think by the sounds of it i will be purchasing Motogp or Field Commander. disapointed by Monster Hunter, a lot of the previews/ reviews i read really built it up to be a stunning game, that even off line didn't become too repetitive and dull. But having read your comments this isn't true.

Will probably ask for Gripshift for xmas as a stocking filler.

Cheers again

Comment

There's a downloadable demo of MotoGP on yourpsp.com and a few other sites if you don't fancy registering there.

Comment

Originally posted by charlaph
                There's a downloadable demo of MotoGP on yourpsp.com and a few other sites if you don't fancy registering there.
                Cheers, have already downloaded it. Wasn't sure if the game was going to be solid throughout but sounds like it'll be ok.

Comment

Working...
                X