Wireless router needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless router needed

Got a Linksys WRT54GS and it's absolutely awful, disconnetions all the time, horrible.

Can someone recommend me another 54mbit wireless router?

I've had several belkin ones, they have always done the job

Comment

I'll second Belkin. I had trouble getting my NAT open, e-mailed their customer support and had the answer within 24 hours.

Comment

Budget - Speedtouch 585
        Money no object - Draytek Vigor 2900G

Both rock solid and easily configurable. I have two vigors at works and they NEVER need rebooting. They only get restarted when we have to power down the server room which last time happened after 2500 hrs uptime.
        I have a 585 at home that is great especially at ?30.
        Vigor has more pro features like multi VPN passthrough that most people don't need.
        Speedtouch also has some good tech forums if you need assistance.

Comment

Another vote for Belkin. I've had Netgears which start off fine then suffer from overheating and disconnects. And, please, do not go near D-Link. Getting those things to stay connected more than an hour is an achievement - absolute rubbish. Some cheaper ones (I'm thinking Zyxel here) have port forwarding issues which means Live is 'Strict' and unusable.

Belkin has been rock steady and great for Live, PCs, Macs. All good.

Comment

Also as a bonus I've not had any problem getting the Belkin ones work fine with DS and PSP

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
              Got a Linksys WRT54GS and it's absolutely awful, disconnetions all the time, horrible.

Can someone recommend me another 54mbit wireless router?
              I replaced my wired Linksys BEFSR41 router with the WRT54GS several months ago and it works flawlessy. The only problem I've had is upgrading the firmware; v1.50.6 kept failing, but v1.50.9 worked fine.

Comment

Vote against Belkin, Wireless chipset died, when it worked it only supported one wireless device at any time, then it started dropping packets.

Ive just bought a Dlink All in one and its working ok so far...

Comment

Argos have the Netgear DG834G for 50 pounds at the moment - that includes a free usb wireless adapter.

I use one of these and never had problems with it

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/6769091.htm

Comment

Belkin here. Mine died a while back, emailed Belkin and they sent me a new one, no quibble, no returns, just a new unit 2 days later.

Comment

Working...
                    X