Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the 360 play DVD video discs on DVD-Rs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the 360 play DVD video discs on DVD-Rs?

Is it possible to burn DVD Video discs onto DVD-Rs which will play on a 360? I've been trying to copy some of my R2 DVDs into region free DVDs so I can play them on my US 360, but every disc I burn it refuses to recognise. My PC though, can play them just fine.

I've tried using DVD Cloner 3, and CloneDVD. The discs should be regular MPEG-2 DVDs, with all the menus and whatnot intact.

It certainly works, I've played lot's of burned DVD's on mine. Maybe it depends on the media, I always use DVD+R. Also, you could try using DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD's and if needed, DVD Shrink to make them smaller, then DVD Decrypter again to burn. For me this works without fail.

Comment

I've used DVD-R on mine fine with no problems. The few discs I did make though were made with Adobe Premiere, since I was using my 360 to test my burned discs before submission at Uni.

Perhaps the 360 dislikes your media.

Comment

I tried again this afternoon with some DVD+Rs, and one just came up as 'unreadable disc', and the other seemed to play at first, but then I got a 'could not recognise media' error on a 360 blade.

No idea what I'm doing wrong...!

Comment

probs crap media, get some dvds from

Dedicated to providing tech hardware and services to end users. From individual users to corporate customers, we work hard to provide outstanding, personalized service. Products range from ink cartridge tablets to servers! Pricing and products to meet every budget.

is gonna be down to media

Comment

I got it working at last! I ended up doing it all with DVD Shrink. Seems the other programs I was using just weren't outputting it in a form the 360 liked... bit weird as the PC would play them fine.

Comment

Working...
            X