Is the Wii region free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Wii region free?

Hi all, just wanting to know if a PAL (UK) system will be able to play import games from the US/Jap regions like with the DS?

and will this apply to using GC titles on the wii too?

No and No (unless you use freeloader which seems to work

Comment

freeloader works on wii?

Comment

i thought the freeloader was a possibility on the wii to play the import gamecube games on it

Comment

I hope freeloader works.

Comment

Freeloader does work, with a bit of googling you'll find that someone on GameFAQs tested it a couple of days ago on a demo unit.

Comment

didnt somebody say that all first party games were going to be region free, but it was up to individual publishers to decide what they wanted to do?

did i imagine that/anybody tested it yet?

Comment

Perrin Kaplan said that but it was later refuted, sadly :/

Comment

so all my US games (I only have them) should work on a PAL Wii? What about games that come to the WC? Are they available on all regions?

Comment

Originally posted by danholo
                    so all my US games (I only have them) should work on a PAL Wii? What about games that come to the WC? Are they available on all regions?

Yup freeloader GC allows you to load cross region, and also load up homebrew, but not commercial stuff. Its great.

Comment

Will I be able to boot Pal Gamecube games in prog-scan on a Pal Wii??
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 20-11-2006, 02:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy!
                        Will I be able to boot Pal Gamecube games in prog-scan on a Pal Wii??
                        No, Prog. Scan support is dictated by the software, and PAL software has it removed.

US titles will work though (those that support it, anyway).

Comment

Is this all versions of Freeloader that work, or just the latest one?..... I know there are several versions. I just checked mine and it's 1.0 Europe Version.

Comment

Pay attention people. The freeloader works with GC games on the wii. No noe has show it to work for Wii games (afaik).

Comment

do all GC games work with freeloader?

Comment

Working...
                              X