PSP: wireless connectivity...HELP :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP: wireless connectivity...HELP :(

How do I use my canadian 1.5 psp to connect to the internet? When I scan for my wireless router (linksys WRT54G) my psp can't find it (but will find other networks in the area, all encrypted). My flatmate's PC and psp both connect to the router no bother. What's up?

I'm going abroad tomorrow, and the hotel has free wireless; so i was hoping to be able to work out how to do this sort of thing in advance.

Any help greatly appreciated!

you can't use a 1.5 psp to surf the web unless you do some faffing with DNS using a copy of Wipeout Pure. 1.5 PSPs don't have the built in browser.

Comment

Originally posted by NecronomiconUK
      you can't use a 1.5 psp to surf the web unless you do some faffing with DNS using a copy of Wipeout Pure. 1.5 PSPs don't have the built in browser.
      shouldn't it at least find the network though? tbh i'm happy to upgrade to 2.00 if it means i can get t'email

Comment

Originally posted by solum
        shouldn't it at least find the network though? tbh i'm happy to upgrade to 2.00 if it means i can get t'email
        I'd have thought it should do - the PSP has surely always had wireless gaming, so any version of the firmware should allow you to connect to the network.

From one of your PCs log in to the Linksys & find the wireless settings on the configuration webpages - in order to see your network when you scan you should have "show SSID" enabled.

Also, make sure that the channel is set between 1 & 11 - it only matters which if you get interference from your neighbours' networks, the microwave or cordless phones. Channels 1 - 13 are valid in Europe but I recently discovered the hard way some hardware that will ignore channels 12 & 13.

Stroller.

Comment

yeah the broadcast SSID thing is enabled, and the channel is 11. hmmm

Comment

Working...
          X