AGP Graphics card for Dell 3007WFP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AGP Graphics card for Dell 3007WFP?

I'm getting a 30 inch Dell 3007WFP screen. I have a 2.8 GHz P4 and an AGP Radeon 9800 Pro. In the future I plan to get a PC that can properly use the screens native resolution of 2560x1600 for gaming but for now I'll stick with my old PC. I do have to get a new graphics card though because 2560x1600 of any kind requires dual-link DVI. I'm looking for a cheap (not much more than ?100) AGP card. My only gaming requirement is that I can play Civilization 4 with full resolution.

I haven't followed PC hardware actively for years so I'm somewhat lost. Here's what I found out so far:

GeForce 7600 GS and GT cards seem like good choises. MSI has a silent GS with 512 MB of memory. Club 3D 7600 GT costs the same and would of course be more powerful but it has a noisy fan. If the GS is powerful enough for Civ4 then the silent card would be great, if not I would get the GT. I don't know of the actual requirements though.

I haven't found any good ATi cards in my price range. It seems the X1600 is less powerful than its rivals.

Anybody here with some helpful information on 2560x1600 gaming......

I think you will be out of luck. I don't think there are any AGP cards that support dual-link DVI.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty
      I think you will be out of luck. I don't think there are any AGP cards that support dual-link DVI.
      There are quite a few. Here's one:

http://www.club-3d.com/productshow_v...=&filter=&l=en

At least AGP GeForce 7600 and 7800 and ATi X1600 and X1650 support it. Not all cards with the chipsets have it though.

Comment

The Sapphire X1600 Pro 512Meg AGP in my secondary machine says it supports Dual-Link DVI on the box.

Comment

Working...
        X