X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joytech XBox 360 Control Center

any one who has picked one of these up , care to comment on it;

picture quality/any ghosting etc?

I wasn't impressed with it, sold it smartish.

Just looked faded. Can't put it any other way really.

I'm using a passive audio switcher for Component now, and it's basically lossless to my eyes.

Comment

For anyone looking for something like this, it is a pretty good, and affordable, solution.

The box has a 4 component inputs (along with S-Video) and corresponding optical outputs. It also comes with a proprietary 360 connection that covers all sources (even optical 5.1DD). The way I've set it up so far, is using the component lead from the 360 into one of the sources. I haven't tried the proprietary connection yet (the leads a bit too short, need to shift the consoles around) but the picture is very good this way.

The only criticism with this is that the colours on the 360 appear to be a bit more washed out than I am used to. Not that it is horrendous, it took me quite a lot of cable swapping and staring intently at the screen to notice it, but it is there. Since I've mostly been playing Gears of War, which isn't exactly awash with colour, it doesn't make that much difference at the moment.

Apparently, using the supplied cable sorts this problem out, so will definitely have to try this.

What really clinches it though is the 5 port 10/100 Ethernet hub included in the box. Tried streaming some HD WMV files from the PC to the 360, and it worked a treat. No speed loss when browsing the internet on the PC either. Makes everything very tidy and neat (very important for someone as anal as me) and very easy to use.

In fact the whole thing is incredibly easy to use, switching between sources used to be a chore (I actually used to have to get up off the sofa) of switch flicking and remembering which console was on which source. All sorted now with one push on the remote.

Comment

Working...
      X