Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

display for my 360?

Can anyone help please?
    I have a 360 but can never get on it due to the nightly soap session each & every night nowadays.
    We only have a 14" portable upstairs so this is not really worth playing it on.
    Is there any way I can wire my 360 so I can use my laptop to play on?
    This would be ideal as I could use the internal speakers or headphones. I think the laptop probably outputs a picture, not accepts one but just thought I would ask.
    Thanks in advance,
    Rob.

Only if your laptops has VGA-in, which I doubt..

You could get a nice cheap 19" widescreen VGA monitor and use VGA. My bro does that, and dispite the difference in native resolutionm it looka nice.

Comment

I used my 19" Samsung for ages @ 1280x1024 , it was perfect, looks exactly the same as my HDTV.

Comment

Only problem I have with VGA through a monitor is its way too dark.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE
          Only problem I have with VGA through a monitor is its way too dark.
          What kind of monitor do you have! This samsung tft monitor is brighter than my samsung hdtv lol You must have a very poor quality monitor or some really bad settings

Comment

I didnt think I could.
            I have access to a nice new 19" NEC monitor from work but it has no speakers.
            What would be the cheapest option for sound? My stereo has no aux inputs?
            Thanks,
            Rob.

Comment

For sound you would just have to pick up some cheap speakers that would accept AUX. Theres plenty of those about

*oh and definately buy the official vga lead.

Comment

Cheers mate, I will look for some.
                I take it you mean powered speakers?

Comment

or get a two lead AV to single 3.5mm stereo jack from maplin for ?2, that's what I've done (there's one included with the official VGA lead)

Comment

David,
                    what do you plug the stereo jack into though?
                    I have one of these already (2 female RCA to 1 male 3.5mm)
                    Thanks to everyone so far for the help

Comment

spend another quid at maplin and get a female/female 3.5mm jack, will take pic in a mo, not as complicated as it sounds and no noticeable loss in sound quality

Comment

EDIT: Looks like i was beaten to it, yeh an adapter is best :P That way you have more options on the speaker, myself i went and bought myself an amp lol
                        Last edited by GluedOnBeard; 22-11-2006, 17:42.

Comment

Last edited by VR46; 21-06-2007, 09:32.

Comment

Thanks for all the help.
                            I've just been chatting to my mate, he is going to lend me a VGA lead to try it out.
                            Also someone we work with has a 5.1 set of PC speakers for sale so I might take a look at these when I get that adaptor.
                            Cheers,
                            Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by brookescourt
                              Thanks for all the help.
                              I've just been chatting to my mate, he is going to lend me a VGA lead to try it out.
                              Also someone we work with has a 5.1 set of PC speakers for sale so I might take a look at these when I get that adaptor.
                              Cheers,
                              Rob.
                              If you're getting a 5.1 set you should get one that accepts optical inputs, that way you can connect the 360 to it without any hassle and get proper 5.1 sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X