Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCART connector question (building RGB cable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCART connector question (building RGB cable)

I'm in the process of building my own Mega Drive (1) RGB SCART cable. The video and audio plugs on the MD end are all done, and I'm about to start on the SCART connector.

I started wondering about a few things though, the main thing being SCART pin 8. If I've understood correctly this actives the channel autoswitching on the TV if it's connected to +12V. The MD doesn't have +12V out. I assume +5V won't do, so I should just leave that alone and go without autoswitching. The thing is that the PSX doesn't seem to have +12V out either, and it still makes my TV autoswitch when using RGB.

What's a good value for the resistor between +5V and Blanking? I've heard different info from different people. I'm thinking 100 ohm, or is that too much/little?

Should I add capacitors to the RGB lines, like some cables seem to have? Or should I wait and see what the picture looks like without first?

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

sorry ignore this

Comment

Connect the 5v to pin 8 - brindge to pin 16 with a 75ohm resistor.

Pin 8 AV/channel/mode switch - pin 16 RGB switch, you dont need to add caps to the RGB lines.

Comment

Working...
      X