• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft points US

I have a us account and need some points but dont own a visa card

anyone help me out at all

can a mod plz move this as iv posted it in the wrong place

Comment

will move it now, think your best bet is to buy them off VG+/ebay (points are not region free)

also, see Marty's post here
      Last edited by VR46; 23-11-2006, 20:07.

Comment

Doesn't look like VG+ have them in stock atm.

The 2100 point card is regionless, if you want to spend so much.

Comment

2100 points card isn't region free (as I found out to my cost).

If you want US account points from a card it has to be from the US.

Comment

Are you sure Spatial? Microsoft claim this isn't the case: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/featu...softpoints.htm - see the "Important Notice" bit on the left. Hmm, I suppose reading that it's universal in the areas where the card is available, perhaps the 2100 point card isn't available in the US.

Comment

It just means that the 2100 points cards are useable in those three regions (Europe, the Middle East, and Africa), nowhere else.

So I could buy a card here and email the code to a mate in Africa (if I had one) who could use it fine.

Americans use 1600 point cards iirc

Comment

Positive - I bought one from Play when I first got my US 360 and it flat refused to work on the US account. After a month of head scratching and repeated tries I tried it on my UK one and it worked first time.

The US territories don't have the 2100 version of the card. For some reason it only goes up to 1600 there.

Comment

Does anybody know where I could get hold of a Japanese points card? I was going to get an Asian card from Play Asia but I was told that they don't work on Japanese systems. I assume that the 2,100 point card won't work on a Japanese account (unless Japan has sneakily moved to Europe, Africa or the Middle East, I suppose )?

Comment

Working...
                  X