n64 pal/ntsc confusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

n64 pal/ntsc confusion!

ok i bought a n64 and abotu 10 brillaint games,when i turned it on i instantly knew i made a mistake,the consoles in pal which means all the games output at almost 20 percent slower than a ntcs version right?

i dont want to buy all of my games again so if you could answer these questions or give me advice on how to get my games full speed id realy appreciate it

1.is there anyway at all i can get my pal n64 and pal games to output ntsc?

2.can ntsc games be played on a pal console by modding the n64? if so do they run at full speed?

3.do pal games run at full speed on a ntsc console?

if somebody can answer these questions and clear up some confusion i will realy appreciate it.or any other advice on how to get my games running at dull speed without rebuying my games in ntsc,becouse goldeneye is unbearable on pal.

Why not buy an NTSC N64? Cheaper than buying all the games again.

Comment

And then the NTSC carts.......

Comment

If you get an "n64 passport" card you can play pal games on ntsc and vice versa. I've no idea what speeds they all run at and it's unreliable and you have to enter codes for some games. Sounds like a pain.

The only viable solution is to sell your pal console and buy a NTSC (JPN or US) version and use NTSC games exclusively. Sell your pal games and replace them with NTSC versions. The ntsc consoles can be easily modded with just a sharp knife in 15 mins to let you play both JPN and US games on the same machine.

Comment

Plus your often find that NTSC games go for less on Ebay then PAL ones.

So your be able to replace your collection and make a profit at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by amurphy245
            becouse goldeneye is unbearable on pal.
            Wasn't this optimised for PAL release, some seem to say that the PAL version runs better than the NTSC version, I don't know if thats true though.

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo
              Wasn't this optimised for PAL release, some seem to say that the PAL version runs better than the NTSC version, I don't know if thats true though.
              Yes it was, it's a very good pal conversion (one of a very small minority).

Comment

Working...
              X