Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what (cable's) in the Wii box?

hey all,

i just wanted to find out what AV cable comes included with the US Wii? and whether or not it's known what AV type will come included with the UK machine?

i've got both regions of machine on the way, and i'm going to want to connect them to my tv via s-video. i'm guessing it's fairly unlikely an s-video cable will be included in either, wouldn't you agree? in which case i guess i'm gonna need to order myself one.

(and just to balance the forum karma out a bit, i've found an official wii s-video lead on play-asia for just shy of 15 GBP inc. p&p. it's not out until early december, but here's the link all the same: link!)

darn, i do wish nintendo had continued using the same connectors, just as they have done from the snes upto now...

erp.
    Last edited by erp; 25-11-2006, 10:46.

Originally posted by erp
    (and just to balance the forum karma out a bit, i've found an official wii s-video lead on play-asia for a whopping 1.58 GBP. it's not out until early december, but here's the link all the same: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10u-49-en-70-1mwg.html)
    1st of all your link doesn't work.
    2nd of all the ?1.58 is the postage price it's ?13.13 for the cable + the ?1.58 postage.

and you just get a bog standard composite cable in the box.

Comment

good lord, i'm clearly being an absolute space cadet this morning. thanks for pointing all that out, mt50. (i'm more than a little embarassed about mistaking the postage cost for the cable cost! ooops!). i'll edit my original post to correct it.

composite in the box? i guessed it might be, but thanks for confirming.

is there any news on RGB support for any regions?

Comment

Originally posted by erp
        good lord, i'm clearly being an absolute space cadet this morning. thanks for pointing all that out, mt50. (i'm more than a little embarassed about mistaking the postage cost for the cable cost! ooops!). i'll edit my original post to correct it.

composite in the box? i guessed it might be, but thanks for confirming.

is there any news on RGB support for any regions?

it's ok we all do it sometimes

as for the RGB cable they will be out here -

Comment

Originally posted by mt50
          as for the RGB cable they will be out here -
          http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.as...474&mid=329919
          awesome, thanks again.

i'm presuming it's only going to be the PAL machines that support RGB, which is a similar situation to what happened with the GC, right?

Comment

Since it's a single A/V port this time, there's a chance the UK RGB cables may work with the NTSC Wii's, but no one knows for sure yet.

Comment

Working...
            X