No announcement yet.

Best SD memory cards to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a good SD card: TwinMOS Secure Digital 2048MB, 150X, Ultra-X, 17/22.5MB Write/read speed?

Or should I for a SanDisk-card? I could go for SanDisk, but I might have to pay tax if I buy SanDisk 2GB SD Card from Play.com (as I'm from Norway). I could go for SanDisk 1GB SD Card, as that's cheap enough to avoid tax, but then again, it's only 1GB ...

Anyway, what kind of movie-files does the Wii play? Does it play AVI-files?

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Mantis

Anyway, what kind of movie-files does the Wii play? Does it play AVI-files?
      Mov only.... read the manual

Comment

MyMemory.com seem to be pulling ahead of the competition:
        - Kingston 2gb SD, lifetime warranty - ?15.99
        - Own brand 133x write 2gb SD, 5-year warranty - ?17.99
        - Own brand 133x write 2gb MiniSD, lifetime warranty with MiniSD to SD card adaptor - ?20.98

The last items aren't mentioned on their Wii compatibility page, tho'

Stroller.

Comment

Jusr ordered one of these from mymemory -

Own brand 133x write 2gb SD.

It is on their Wii compatibility page, so hopefully it will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty
            Is there any reason you want mini SD?
            A 2Gb Sandisk would work out cheaper here and here
            Thanks for the link, have ordered a 2Gb Sandisk.

Comment

Originally posted by karellen
              It's a fake!!

I just bought the exact same card from the Marketplace and got a 2Gb Ultra II instead.

Alarm bells started ringing when there wasn't any proper retail packaging and the label was not centered/straight and the corner mangled like someone had manually stuck it on after a couple of attempts.

Also comparing it to a genuine ultra II I have in my camera showed various differences.

A guide to spotting fakes

I've just emailed him for a refund! At least I'll be safe with Amazon.
              Thankd for the tip-off I've just sent them an email demanding full refund. I can't beleive this had happned just days before my wii should come!

I've had a pretty crapy week so far....

Comment

Just thought I'd mention, it's confirmed the Wii does not support SDHC. However, there are apparently some 4GB standard SD cards?

This is also confirmed in the official Nintendo FAQ http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/...essage.id=7755

So... where to get these 4GB standard SD cards?

Comment

Working...
                X