Xbox softmod - Any tutorials???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox softmod - Any tutorials???

Looking to softmod an xbox for my mate and haven't done it before.

I've got a chipped xbox, mechassault/splinter cell and an official mem cart if this helps?

Is this all i need other than the files to do it and any idea where i can get the latest guide to do it?

Any help appreciated :-)

Hi gang, I am sorry to say that we are going to turn off access to the forum on 10th September 2021. The forum has been…

That's not too bad if you've got a usb adapter for the Xbox.

All you need to do is get the splinter cell/mech assault hack onto the xbox in question. This can be done with one of three methods:

1) Memory card
    2) USB stick
    3) ftp'ing the file to the console.

I don't know how one goes about the latter, but a good place to check would be www.xbox-scene.com/forum

To get the file from a computer onto the mem card, you need a USB adapter for the controller and a copy of the action replay software, which is available free from their website: www.codejunkies.com

Once the file is on the Xbox, it's just a question of loading the relevant profile (you must ONLY have the hacked saves on the xbox in question) and simply adding the features you require from the menu.

I haven't done anything more than enable p scan, so maybe someone can help you with more info.

Comment

any idea if i could use my chipped xbox, to put the hack onto the official cart?

Thanks for the info :-)

Comment

I've recently done this (thanks to everyone that helped at the time). I tried using a USB stick that was "confirmed" compatible. It didn't work You are best off actually buying an action replay, including cable. Throw the action replay memory card in the bin though... Only use official ones.

Comment

Originally posted by nigel1210
          any idea if i could use my chipped xbox, to put the hack onto the official cart?

Thanks for the info :-)
          That should be pretty easy. Just copy from your pc to the xbox and then from the xbox to the mem card. Not that I've tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
            That should be pretty easy. Just copy from your pc to the xbox and then from the xbox to the mem card. Not that I've tried it.
            yeah i thought that.

i'll give it a go.

you can send me your cart if you want as well if your having trouble transfering it over?

Comment

Ah thanks, but no worries. I got an action replay cable which works a treat and have been streaming photos and vids to my TV and using it for emulation for a while now.

Comment

I used this one.
                It even shows you all that IRC stuff.
                I used an action replay and normal 8mb memory card, splinter cell, a laptop and a cross-over cabel.

Comment

Just to note, mine went into a clock loop when I turned it off after the mod. I got around this by putting a DVD into the drive. I then fiddled with a couple of settings which will hopefully prevent it happening in future, but I don't think I've taken the power block out of the wall since then to test.

Comment

I've transfered it across using my chipped xbox and it works fine. Once i install the softmod, can i then use say auto installer deluxe or slayers to install xbmc and all the apps?

Comment

Originally posted by nigel1210
                      I've transfered it across using my chipped xbox and it works fine. Once i install the softmod, can i then use say auto installer deluxe or slayers to install xbmc and all the apps?
                      Exactly. :-)

Comment

auto installer deluxe IS the softmod isnt it?

I just loaded up the savegame in splinter cell and got the softmod menu. I followed the steps to install the softmod (I chose unleashX dash). I then used the ftp in unleashX to copy across the files for XBMC into an Apps folder on E: and made a shortcut in E:\ to point to the default.xbe in the XBMC folder and now use XBMC as my boot dash. I only revert to unleashX (by switching the shortcut back) when upgrading to a newer version of XBMC.

Other apps you just ftp across and XBMC notices them.

Comment

Just be careful using slayers though as it can overwrite some of the softmod files.

Comment

I just used Krayzies Ndure 1.1 the other night on a v1.6 Xbox using Splinter Cell. Very very simple to do and less dangerous than Slayers.

Comment

Ndure comes as part of Softmod Installer Delux 4.5 Nknave Edition. Don't use slayers unless you have a chipped box.

Comment

Working...
                              X