Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't connect to a specific website - any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to a specific website - any ideas?

In the last day or two, I've been unable to connect to a website that I follow here.

I don't think the site is down (easy to confirm, I guess) since I can ping it and it's showing up in the referrer's list on my own site.

I can't get to it with Flock, Firefox or IE 7. I haven't tried my other PC.

It's not my laptop's firewall - I switched it off.
    It's not my router's firewall - it's not switched on.

Any other ideas? Or is the site genuinely down?

Originally posted by recipher
    In the last day or two, I've been unable to connect to a website that I follow here.

I don't think the site is down (easy to confirm, I guess) since I can ping it and it's showing up in the referrer's list on my own site.

I can't get to it with Flock, Firefox or IE 7. I haven't tried my other PC.

It's not my laptop's firewall - I switched it off.
    It's not my router's firewall - it's not switched on.

Any other ideas? Or is the site genuinely down?
    i have just tried and cant get on the site,keeps trying to load but goes nowhere.both tritalk.co.uk and tritalk.co.uk/forums give the same result so it would appear that there server is down.

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1967
      i have just tried and cant get on the site,keeps trying to load but goes nowhere.both tritalk.co.uk and tritalk.co.uk/forums give the same result so it would appear that there server is down.
      Great, thanks. I wonder why I can ping the site? And why it's showing up in my referrer log? V. odd. Oh well, I'm sure it'll show up eventually.

Comment

Your link is working now

Comment

The site was hacked apparently - now it's redirecting to a temporary board.

Comment

Working...
          X