Xbox usa non region free to play on a uk machine question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox usa non region free to play on a uk machine question

Is it possible to play a USA non region free game on a uk xbox360 ?

I have a few non region 360 USA games I reallllllly wanna play on the UK 360 I own

Is there anything like a freeloader device or the like to allow this to happen, or any cheeky tricks like tricking the xbox to think it is a USA model, or would something like chipping it work though this would be an absolute last resort as I really dont wanna go down that road if at all possible.

Your advice is appreciated as always
    RuBIQ

Some games are region free and if they are they will play on the 360 without a problem. Do any of the games you got from NYC work at all? If not which one do you have that don`t? Also how do you know that they`re not region locked, does it say on the box?

There is no such device to play import games on the 360 in the same way that "there is no spoon".

List the games dude.

Comment

its those elusive burgerking games

region locked to USA only.

all other games purchased in NYC work fine (I Think, not tried em yet)

Comment

Ahhh, the king of burgers but not region free games....... the bastard!

It`s a real shame that because I really wanted to have a look at that game. I`d say that there was as much chance of Burger King bringing the game out in the UK as there is Fergie selling Darren Fletcher.

Comment

I have tried a few of my US games on my UK 360, no joy, the 360 knows they are the wrong region. Reading into it a little, on the MS backwards compatible page, they also state they intended it to work this way, so I assume they won't change their policy anytime soon.

Hacking your 360 won't work either I don't think because the real problem is the way 360 interprets these games in the firmware, which wouldn't be circumvented with the 360 drive hacks I have seen on the net. Maybe there are better 360 'chipping' methods I don't know about...

Comment

FFS, Id even be tempted to get a 2nd 360 machine as a USA model but then you know some game or other will end up coming out UK release only.

If I bought a USA machine (I know most of the games i have a region free) but would the arcade games and saved data transfer over ok do you kno ?

Comment

Originally posted by RuBiQ
              If I bought a USA machine (I know most of the games i have a region free) but would the arcade games and saved data transfer over ok do you kno ?
              The arcade games on your hdd/ memory card will still work on a US machine but you'll need to be logged into Live (with the profile you originally used to buy them with) to play the full version; offline you'll only be able to play the trial version. This is because arcade games are linked to the console they were originally downloaded to in order to avoid people distributing free copies to their friends etc.

Game saves from a PAL 360 will work fine on a US console too.

btw you can use the power supply, pads, video leads, hdd etc. from a PAL 360 on a US 360 without any probs.
              Last edited by tom-nook; 01-12-2006, 20:49.

Comment

Working...
              X