Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii plug too big!

Alo

Ok, so i've just gotten my US wii after its been in customs for 5 days, slight hitch i've run into....the 2 prong plug will not fit my stepdown.One of the prongs is slightly bigger than the other(first time i've seen this!)
    would it be safe to file down the bigger prong on the wii ac adapter?

Originally posted by mthor
    Alo

Ok, so i've just gotten my US wii after its been in customs for 5 days, slight hitch i've run into....the 2 prong plug will not fit my stepdown.One of the prongs is slightly bigger than the other(first time i've seen this!)
    would it be safe to file down the bigger prong on the wii ac adapter?
    Had the very same problem last night (see my panic in the US Wii thread). I wasn't aware of this issue since all my other imported stuff is JPN.

I was very tempted to file away at the opening on my huge stepdown I use for my 360 since it looks like it has plates of plastic restricting entrance of larger pins. Unfortunately I can't say if it's safe to file away at the plug 'cause I took a risk and used my 65W step (which works fine on both JPN and US plugs).

Comment

You think this is only for USA plugs? I use loads of USA plugs in my current step down and hope it's ok

Comment

I was worrying about this...but i've just checked my stepdown and 1 of the slits is bigger than the other one, so looks like i'm safe!

Comment

Did'nt risk filing the plug(1 prong is bigger than the other so you dont insert it the wrong way and possbily fry yourself!) instead had a rummage through the wardrope and found an old transformer i got with a pair of headphones years ago(knew it would come in good for something ....Its only 40 watts but worked fine for last 90 mins

Comment

Lol. It's a good job we both had old stepdowns we could bring out of retirement.

Comment

Me plugging in my Wii:

Ok, plug it in. Hmm don't fit..? Ah, flip it over. Hooray!

I like plugging with my Wii.

Comment

I remember having to do that with my DS charger. Ah well we'll soon see, I can't see the wii having fatter plugs than my USA DS charger.

Comment

my stepdown had no problems....

Comment

Does it make any difference the other way around?

Comment

Working...
                    X