Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with telly or 360? Help appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with telly or 360? Help appreciated.

Hi, i was playing pro evolution earlier and out of the blue the picture became froze and broken (like how a old nes game would crash) and it made a noise.

Would this be my telly or the 360 does anyone know?

(i've turned it on and everything came on back how it should be (so far)

Anyone give me some advice please. Thank you.

It's the 360. Was the screen covered in pink blocks by any chance? Check the 360 Issues Thread under General Gaming, there are tonnes of reports of stuff like this but it's probably nothing to worry about, just a 'routine' crash They tend to happen more often when the machine is hot for any reason (been playing ages, bad ventilation or the room is hot etc).

Comment

Thanks matt, that is a relief, thank you.

I'm pretty sure it was pink and green, not the nicest colour combination!

Pro has taken a hammering this week, and probably a 7+ hours session last night, so maybe its just over heated or something simple then. Thanks again.

Comment

Do i need to show concern? staying up listening to the cricket, put my 360 on, same thing happened again within 10 minutes..please anyone help?

Comment

Does it do the same with any other game?

Comment

I just got my brother to play a demo last night and he thinks it was more choppy than usual (demo was lotr) I haven't really tried it again so far.

I've had a hetic weekend and i really haven't tried another game yet. I can tho.

Comment

I hope that I am wrong about this but this seems to be an indication of bad things to come.

Same thing happened to me and lots of others.

Firstly, it will start with the occasional crash.
              Then there will be one game that will make it crash no matter what. (See games like 'Dead Rising' 'Cromehounds' 'Enchanted Arms'.)
              Soon even demo's will start it crashing.
              Then it will freeze after getting to the dash.
              Finally it will not turn on and give you the 3 red lights, with the error code of '0102'

The best thing you can do now is send it back to Microsoft or take it back to the shop that you bought it from. However this was not possible for me as I modified my console and could no longer send it back, so had to fix it myself.
              I do hope that this is not the case for you, but it seems that way to me.

Comment

Hey now don't jump to any conclusions, it's just a crash. I had a period of a few days when the machine would just constantly crash, I mean like every night. There were also a lot more in-game bugs than usual. But it must have just been 'one of those things' because it sooned cleared up and it works fine now.

The best advice I can give is make sure the machine is standing upright and away from any sources of heat like your TV; make sure the power pack is similarly positioned and not close to the machine itself; most importantly make sure there is a good clearance BEHIND the machine as the heat coming out of the back fan is astronomical. Without enough clearance it'll suffocate on its own hot air!

Comment

I'll try it again and again e.t.c. Thank you for all help and advice.

I'm pretty sure warranty expired yesterday or the day before! (its been a year right) great!

I'll give it some play time later, see what happens, I'll update thread with progress, thanks again matt and 3x3. ^ ^

Comment

Not bought a XB360 yet but this is worrying. I expressed concern about this very issue on other forums long before the XB360 came out and was slapped down by the 'experts'. But ever since the DC, which has inadequate ventilation eventually leading to the infamous reset problem, I've been paranoid about over-heating.

I put all my consoles on additional 1/2" rubber feet to improve air-flow and haven't had any problems since. It would be interesting to know if the XB360s encountering this were being used horizontally or vertically.

Comment

If you stand the machine vertically you expose more surface area so it tends not to suffer so much. Also bear in mind that if you do lay it flat you're probably going to have it either on a shelf - which means the hot air will get blown back over the machine - or n your TV or one of your set-top boxes, which means more heat.

Providing you give it space to breath you shouldn't have any serious problems.

Comment

Thread Update

Crashing between 30 seconds and 5 minutes (got lot worse) including crashing on 360 start up screen. Then i'm getting 3 red lights, called microsoft, they're telling me its under warranty even though i got it at launch (maybe they count december bought until end of december?)

Anyway, got to get a netural box, they send out a label then i phone ups.
                        Bit of a pisser as i play atleast everyday these days. (thread update end.)

Comment

Originally posted by linkedtpthepast
                          Crashing between 30 seconds and 5 minutes (got lot worse) including crashing on 360 start up screen. Then i'm getting 3 red lights..
                          Sorry to see that I was right.

Originally posted by linkedtpthepast
                          they're telling me its under warranty even though i got it at launch (maybe they count december bought until end of december?)
                          Under EU regulations, complex electronic equipment have to have a warranty period of at least 2 years, standard goods need only have 1.

At least you didn't modify your 360 and could send it back, mine did that about a month after I modified the FW. Had to fix it myself.

Comment

Error 0102 - Hair Dryer Fix

By the way, anyone that has this problem but has modified their console like I did and is unable to send it back to Microsoft, there is a simple way to fix it.

I'm sure that some people may already be aware of this, but I guess some people might not.

All that you need to fix it is, a hair dryer. Below is a video of me fixing my 360 after is has given me the 3 red lights of death.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...83255695311078

This is a fix for 'Error 0102' the most common of the 3 red light errors.

This won't fix it indefinatly and it will need to be done again when needed but when done properly the 360 will work good as new.

If anyone wants some specific details about this, give me a shout.

Comment

Working...
                            X