Age Old 360 Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age Old 360 Question...

Core or Premium? I know for a fact that i can afford a Core, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to afford a premium, even after Christmas. I could buy a core now and ask for a Hard Drive for Christmas I suppose, and I could spend more money on games. Hmm.

Adviced Please? >_<

I think it's worth getting the premium pack, especially if you plan on using Live. With the core pack you'd have to buy a memory card if you wanted to save any games and they're about ?23.00 I think.

Comment

I think you won't be able to get on Xbox Live without a HDD, which is a huge part of owning a 360. The Core pack also doesn't come with a Component or VGA cable either, meaning if you want to go HD through a television or monitor you'll have to fork out.

If you need to limit how many games you can buy, just get Oblivion and Gears of War second hand or in their standard version from a Supermarket chain - those should keep you busy for a couple of months and are the best games on the system.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the advice guys

The games I am primarily after are: Lost Planet (On Pre-order), Test Drive Unlimited, Oblivion, Gears of War, Dead Rising and Ridge Racer 6.

Comment

Would this be of any help?:

Allegedly a Premium for ?202...

Comment

With a Core you'd have to settle with a wired controller and no Component cable, but as above says, you'd have to buy a memory card to save games anyway.

That still works out cheaper than a Premium, though the Premium is a bit of a bargin when you consider you also get a HDD, wireless controller, Component cable, headset etc.

Various places are doing budles right now, they're worth a look at. I remember Argos doing some really good ones with Premium packs + games for the same as Premium RRP.

EDIT- oops too slow!

Comment

If you can afford it now, I would go for a Premium Pack. There are some good bundles around at the moment too.

Comment

play have a bundle for a 360 premium and WWE for 270! thats a tenner cheaper than the premium on its own! You get a free game, so you can flog that for like 25 quid and get the money back right?

I jus might go for this! lol

Comment

Originally posted by 112
                  play have a bundle for a 360 premium and WWE for 270! thats a tenner cheaper than the premium on its own! You get a free game, so you can flog that for like 25 quid and get the money back right?

I jus might go for this! lol

If you're looking to buy a good value bundle & sell stuff off to subsidise your 360 the following might be of interest:

- 360 Premium Pack
                  - Rainbox Six Vegas (think this can be changed to any 360 game though)
                  - Project Gotham 3
                  - Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged
                  - an additional (official) wireless controller
                  - rechargeable battery pack

?299.99 at Gamestation (both in-store & online)....available 'til 10th Dec.

I reckon you'd be able to sell the extra stuff for ?75+

Comment

Go for the premium mate - by the time you've bought a memory card (?30) or HDD (?60) to save your games you'd just as well fork out for the premium machine and get a month's free Xbox Live, the headset and HD TV leads into the bargain.

Amazon.co.uk are doing a build-your-own-bundle offer that's quite good - you could get the Premium machine for ?280 with Gears of War for a fiver!

Blockbusters have a similar offer where you can get a free selected game (they're all recent and/or big titles) for ?280, or a machine and four games for ?330 (I think).

Also GameStation have tonnes of different bundles and some are really quite good.

Comment

Cores are rubbish, I only got one becauase Premiums where not avalible after launch.

Comment

Working...
                      X