Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you make of this?, PC Engine RF

Just bought this from ebay

I asked the guy how the thing runs of RF cable, as ive never heard of a Jap machine just plugging into a TV through RF.
    anyway he sent me this email
    Hello, you sure RF doesn't work with NTSC? I'm asking because I only tried it on my Japanese model TV via RF and it works. I have never tried it on other models of TV. If it doesn't work I can always swap it with a Core if you prefer or try it with a Japanese RF splitter or I can give you an interface unit which has AV output.

Anyhow let me know when you try it and I can easily accomodate things. The worst is that I will have to send you an interface unit (you know the one that attaches to a CD-ROM) or I can mod the white PC Engine for AV out as I have the tools to do so.

If you are sure 100% that it doesn't work let me know your options:

1) Replace with a Core Grafx + AV cable
    2) Internal mod for AV
    3) Include an IFU-30 UNIT (but postage will go up due to the weight)

The quickest would be a Core exchange but I don't know if you really wanted a white PC Engine or any PCE so let me know asap.
    Will/

What do u make of this? anyone know how PC engines normally work

Its just that my Saturn and Cube all use AV - SCART, i thougt RF was PAL only

i need help anyone????

Errr... how do you think Japanese and US people get broadcast TV? It's not via a piece of string.

The Original PC Engine and the Original Famicom were both RF only and yes Japanese TVs do have RF sockets (two types normally too...). However the Japanese saw the Composite video was better quality so used that instead.

You can convert the PC Engine so it uses RGB SCART or by using an AV adapater or CD-ROM unit use Composite video too. The Core Grafx machines (and all other PC Engines) use Composite video (via 5 Pin din).

Comment

i originally had my modded playstation playing ntsc games through my rf lead and it was fine (for rf anyway) best get it modded to rgb though!

any way welcome to the club i just bought a pc engine this week aswell.
      of a guy in this very forum. with loads of games. man Ninja Spirit, gunhead, salamander and paroidus kick ass.

its a great wee console.

Comment

Cheers for the help.
        Ive wanted 1 for 15 years or so, worth the wait i guess.
        Now for a cd unit?

Comment

Jushin-Thunder-Liger

probably too late to warn you now, but PC engine through RF sucks, even with a pal adaptor. It did work when I had one, but had problems synching, and the tuning seemed to drift, so I kept having to retune the TV as the machine warmed up.

If you can, get an RGB/Scart converted machine, (Turbo DUO recommented for kick ass CD gaming and cool looks).

EddieG.

Comment

Working...
          X