PAL Wii - what is in the box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL Wii - what is in the box?

Just a quick, panicky question. What do you get with the Wii? Obviously the console, Wii Sports, but what else? Can someone give a definitive list of what is included. I need to know what extra **** I may need on the actual day.

Thanks peeps.

Here's what I think you'll find in your PAL box (more or less the same as USA)

Wii box contents

Basically you get a wiimote + nunchuk, there is also 512MB of internal memory. Also a compo****e cable! Sensor bar, stand to mount Wii verically, wii sports game.

You might want to try and buy a extra wiimote, nunchuk, classic controller, a SD card for extra storage? Also a component cable if you have a TV that can handle it.

Good luck hunting that lot down!
    Last edited by AllYourBase; 06-12-2006, 12:19.

Comment

Nice one. Will probably see how much Wii Play is in comparison to getting a second remote, as for the connection to the telly, I think I will try and get an RGB scart lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany
        Nice one. Will probably see how much Wii Play is in comparison to getting a second remote, as for the connection to the telly, I think I will try and get an RGB scart lead.
        Compo****e doesn't look too bad for the moment, i've had to put up with no component for weeks! Thankfully yesasia have shipped my Japanese one now!

I think wii play + remote is only a fiver more than the remote on it's own, gotta be better value for money buying that. If you can wait for it to arrive this is a still a tempting price for that.....

Comment

Do you not get a cable to plug the Wii into a laptop so I can get online with it?

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
            Do you not get a cable to plug the Wii into a laptop so I can get online with it?
            It just has wifi. There will be an ethernet adaptor.

Comment

It ships with wireless functionality only. If you want a wired connection you need an adaptor, which is out this month or next.

Alternatively you can use the DS USB wi-fi stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                It just has wifi. There will be an ethernet adaptor.
                Cheers, is that easy to set up, I've had my DS playing online through the laptop but I was using a mates Nintendo Dongle thingy...?

Edit: Ta Geezer

Comment

Thread locked though so you'll have to PM the guy for more information.

Comment

Erm.. If you've got a wifi capable laptop, you could use it as a wifi bridge.. Router -> rj45 to laptop - ICS to wifi connection -> wifi to Wii..

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0
                      Erm.. If you've got a wifi capable laptop, you could use it as a wifi bridge.. Router -> rj45 to laptop - ICS to wifi connection -> wifi to Wii..
                      I was with you on everything up to wifi bridge...

Comment

Working...
                      X