Xbox FTP / FlashFXP Question *sorted*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox FTP / FlashFXP Question *sorted*

Using FlashFXP I've no problem FTPing between my Xbox and Laptop but now I need to FTP with another PC.

I usually use 192.168.0.2 with xbox, xbox as pass from FlashFXP to get at my Xbox. However this won't work with the PC downstairs. I get "Connection Refused"

The PC uses XP, do I need to change IP on PC or Xbox? If so how?

Any help much appreciated

EDIT: I rememberd something and changed:

PC IP: to 192.168.0.1
    Sub mask: 255.255.255.0
    Def. Gate: 192.168.0.1

^ is that right?

But still no luck ft: I still get connection refused

Are you running any firewall software on the PC

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF
      Are you running any firewall software on the PC
      Yep, that was the problem.
      Ta

Comment

Sorry to dig an old topic up but I'm having the exact same problem FTPing to my modded XBox and I don't have a firewall up either. I've followed the numerous online tutorials and guides. I've also tried mapping the drives in Windows XP. Nothing seems to work. I get "Connection refused" when I try to connect. I'm also sure I have a crossover cable. Does anyone have any advice?

Comment

Are you trying to connect direct from the PC to the Xbox?

Go to the properties of your NIC card.

Select TCP/ICP properties.

Under General check both the '...automatic' boxes.

In the other tab put in user configured IP Address as 192.168.0.1 and Subnet as 255.255.255.0

Turn on your Xbox and go to settings to see what the IP address is. Hopefully it should be 192.168.0.x - stick that in to FlashFXP with xbox/xbox as your username and password and it should connect. If you can't find the IP addy on your Xbox just try 192.168.0.2 and work your way upwards from .2

Try that

If you're connecting through a router then it should be fairly straightforward....

Comment

Originally posted by PeterUK
            Are you trying to connect direct from the PC to the Xbox?

Go to the properties of your NIC card.

Select TCP/ICP properties.

Under General check both the '...automatic' boxes.

In the other tab put in user configured IP Address as 192.168.0.1 and Subnet as 255.255.255.0

Turn on your Xbox and go to settings to see what the IP address is. Hopefully it should be 192.168.0.x - stick that in to FlashFXP with xbox/xbox as your username and password and it should connect. If you can't find the IP addy on your Xbox just try 192.168.0.2 and work your way upwards from .2

Try that

If you're connecting through a router then it should be fairly straightforward....
            You sir are a god amongst men. In all of the guides I've checked, none of them said to enter the IP and subnet settings in the 'other' tab! Cheers mate.

Comment

Working...
            X