Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Understanding Zelda's Wiimote calibration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understanding Zelda's Wiimote calibration?

Hi Folks,

I am using my Wii on a very large projection screen, and my sensor bar is sat on my centre speaker. I'm pretty sure I need to use Zelda's calibration to get the best experience.

Although on one step during Zelda's calibration process, I'm not exactly sure what it means. Allow me to describe the step...

There is an orange circle in the middle, and they ask you to push and pull the Wiimote until your crosshair 'overlaps' the orange circle. Now, I'm not sure if they mean goes OVER the orange circle (so goes bigger than it). Or if they mean just sits exactly ON the orange circle (not bigger than it, not smaller than it, but the same size, ontop).

Anyone else get the wording better than me?

I got it exactly overlapped. When you press the button, you get a scaleable bar appear on the screen which you have to match to the location of the sensor bar (which would look smaller the further you are from the screen I suppose). Then you get another target to overlap, only it seems to be fatter. I guess if you're fairly close to the screen like I was it reduces the sensitivity, hence a more generous target to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD
      I got it exactly overlapped. When you press the button, you get a scaleable bar appear on the screen which you have to match to the location of the sensor bar (which would look smaller the further you are from the screen I suppose). Then you get another target to overlap, only it seems to be fatter. I guess if you're fairly close to the screen like I was it reduces the sensitivity, hence a more generous target to hit.
      Yeah, I'm just not sure about the term 'overlap'. To me, overlap normally means over the edge of the target. But it seems that they may want you to actually align the crosshair over the fat circle - I mean, that would make more sense for calibration... but it's not totally clear.
      Last edited by shuurajou; 10-12-2006, 03:55.

Comment

I found that things were best when I was sitting where I normally play - step one and two are pretty self explanatory, but for step 3, just sit where you normally would, and line it up, ignore how big or small it is, just make sure it's lined up right.

Anything else and movement seemed a bit erratic, or didn't match up that well. Oh, and unless you need it, don't set any offset on step 1, it really affects your vertical aiming.

Comment

Working...
        X