PSP bricked? x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP bricked? x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updating the boy's PSP to 3.02, d/l'd the update fine, but while it was running the update he dropped it and the battery cover and battery came away from the unit. Now the green light comes on, and then after a few seconds turns off. Nothing else happens. Has he bricked it? If so can I send it to Sony for repair?
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 09-12-2006, 19:00.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

If the power was cut when it was updating it's definately bricked. Sony should sort that though as it's fixable, they just have to manually reflash the firmware.

Comment

OMG!!!! So I'm playing my 3.02 firmware JPN launch PSP. All of a sudden I get a "There has been a serious error, please press O to reset settings"-style message. I press O, then the screen goes black and the PSP appears to power off. Upon powering up it does exactly the same as my boy's bricked one. Green light comes on for a few seconds, then turns off. How is this possibe? How can it self brick? I'm guessing Sony Europe won't touch my JPN unit will they? I can't believe it. I'm about to take delivery of my PS3 too. Had big hopes for the remote play thingy. I'm very sad now, is there anything I can do?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Not kept up to date with firmware updates recently, don't you still need a power lead connected to update ? guess that was only if you were updating via PC rather than downloading directly ?

Probably worth asking about both cases over on pspupdates.qj.net, if there is a solution someone there will know about it.

Good luck, can't see Sony UK touching it with a barge pole I'm afraid - worth asking though, worst they can do is say no.

Comment

It had been updated to the newest firmware already with no problems. You don't need an AC adapter to update anymore though. I can't see how it can just die like that. Ever since I've attached the camera to it, it's been acting up though. I've found that I've had to hard reset it a few times, and I've turned it on a few times and had to do the initial setup. I'm right pissed off I tell you. Guess I'll have to make a wanted thread now

Anyone know where I can buy a black JPN PSP? I guess it can be the cheapest, most basic model as I already have memory cards and stuff from my other one.
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 09-12-2006, 19:29.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Get on to Sony about it. Fact is, the problem occurred because they forced a firmware upgrade. Regardless of it being dropped or whatever, that wouldn't have happened and you wouldn't have a problem if you didn't have to update the firmware. PSPs are too expensive to write off.

Get onto Sony, kick up a bit of ****. I'd guess they'll replace it. They'll likely charge you (they shouldn't) but it will be less than forking out for a new one, I'm sure.

It's an interesting question though that pertains to the modern systems of upgrades - if your system is out of warranty but an upgrade kills it, I reckon they should replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
              Get on to Sony about it. Fact is, the problem occurred because they forced a firmware upgrade. Regardless of it being dropped or whatever, that wouldn't have happened and you wouldn't have a problem if you didn't have to update the firmware. PSPs are too expensive to write off.

Get onto Sony, kick up a bit of ****. I'd guess they'll replace it. They'll likely charge you (they shouldn't) but it will be less than forking out for a new one, I'm sure.
              It didn't happen during a firmware update either, I was playing RR2 and halfway through a race I get the error screen. Will they replace it with a JPN unit? I can't deal with pressing X to confirm, and JPN PSP's have a TV Tuner, where PAL and US ones do not.
              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 09-12-2006, 19:46.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'd say if you get a result at all (and I think they'll try to give you a flat out no until you really kick up ****), you're unlikely to get a JPN unit from them. To be honest, if it were me, I wouldn't even mention that it was a Japanese model. I have no idea what results you'll get really but, as I said in my post, I reckon PSPs are too expensive to write off. Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
                X