Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me connect to 360 Live games. Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me connect to 360 Live games. Please.

I seem to have a hell of a job connecting to Live games, particularly Call Of Duty 3 and i think it may be because my NAT setting is 'strict'
    Now i'm a real dunce when it comes to technical stuff, so i was hoping some of you lovely folk would be able to help as i've hit a brick wall. I read something about port forwarding but have no clue what i'm doing, and typing in 192.168.1.1 to get to my router's (i go from my 360 with an ethernet cable to my PC) options doesn't work, it just times out every time
    I'm with Talk talk for my sins, not that i think that's the reason, i should still be able to open my NAT settings shouldn't i?
    So, basically, help!

Firstly i know someone with Talk Talk, and even if you got onto Live it is going to be one big game of lag. However couple this with ICS (going through your PC) and your even more trouble. My advice if anything to make it even slightly usable is buy a nice router stick a DMZ to your 360 which is as simple as putting an IP in a box. This would get the most out of the pitiful 56k connection that talk talk provide and at least give you a chance at having a half decent ping.

About stll being able to open your NAT, your going through your PC to get o your 360 so its a bit tricky, hence the router suggestion. If you really dont know too mucha bout that sort of thing i woudlnt attempt it really as alot of the time it will drive you insane, esepcially if your network card decides to play silly buggers. Anyhow that aside there are alot of tutorials on the net to help you with it so google it.

Ovrally though i would buy a router/modem (and seriously consider getting a 'real' bb provider) to consider playing on live.

Comment

Hi,

Have a look on my site for help with NAT

Comment

Working...
      X