Shaky Wii Pointer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaky Wii Pointer ?

Anybody else got a shaky pointer ? It's driving me nuts and making me feel kind of sick.

It's not a problem in games, but on the main Wii screens it just seems to shake all over the place before settling down. I've tried the calibration option but that only has 5 settings and 3 seems to the best but the pointer still shakes.
    Last edited by Spatial; 06-01-2007, 10:21.

Originally posted by Unwell Cat
    Anybody else got a shaky pointer ? It's driving me nuts and making me feel kind of sick.

It's not a problem in games, but on the main Wii screens it just seems to shake all over the place before settling down. I've tried the calibration option but that only has 5 settings and 3 seems to the best but the pointer still shakes.
    Drink less coffee dude

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the calibration thing just shows you what the remote's sensor is detecting as being the sensor bar. If its mis-reading due to other light sources, then it gives you the option to turn down the sensitivity until it can only 'see' the sensor bar. So long as you have the two dots on the grey background, its set up fine.

Try sticking the remote on a flat surface pointing at the sensor - if its not moving, then it must be you! Try moving the sensor bar back a bit - maybe you're too close, so tiny movements are getting magnified?

Comment

Are you sure your sensor bar is pointing straight ahead, and you're sitting/standing directly in front of it? I have the "shaky pointer" problem if I'm sitting over to the side of the TV but it's fine if I'm directly in front.

Comment

Ok thanks I'll give those a try.

Comment

I had a shaky pointer, which was really annoying. I just moved the sensor bar to the edge of the TV (I have a CRT, the sensor bar was a bit far from the edge) Now it works perfectly.

Comment

I sit at a bit of a angle on my TV so I moved the bar to be in line with me, rather then the TV and it fixed 50% of my shaky pointer issue, then I realised I had it on a glass stand so I put a bit of paper under the bar and it works fine - when I fit everything together ill have the bar at the top of the screen rather then the bottom

Comment

use the plastic stand the bar comes with

Comment

Working...
              X