Cleaning LCD Screens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning LCD Screens?

How do I do it? Do I need special wipes or will a damp cloth suffice?

I use soft microfibre cloths for general cleaning.

They're great for picking up dust and soft enough to prevent any scratches or inadvertent damage.

Comment

Aye, but how do I clean off smudges and the like?

Comment

Same here. A general-use cleaning cloth is perfect for cleaning LCDs. I use multi-surface wipes for all my equipment. I then leave the cloth in sunlight for a day or so until it's completely dried, and then I use that to clean my LCD. It works really well.

Never, EVER, use liquid or a wet cloth. It makes a horrible mess and it'll take hours to clean it afterwards

Comment

A tiny dab of malt vinegar on a handkerchief is great for gently wiping off smudges, but for the love of god don't use balsamic!

Comment

DC pm me your addy and ill send you these special LCD cleaning cloths/wipes i was given by a digital lab.

Comment

=O How many do you have of those? =O

Comment

what about the glossy ones? my lappy screen is glossy and so far all i've ever done is gently wiped it with something soft like a jumper sleeve or my psp cloth. a few times i've used a bit of water (teeny bit) to get rid of fingerprints and the like, but mostly it's just dust

Comment

Working...
                X