Anyone know owt about PSP modchips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know owt about PSP modchips?

I see that a modchip can "repair" my bricked PSP. I have never used my PSP for ROMs, and nor will I. I want it to be safe from being bricked again in the future though, and from what I can gather the chip will allow this. The modchip will allow me to boot original SCEI 3.02 firmware right, and not some homebrew firmware only?

Here's the link to the chip

Also is there anyone who has the skills required to fit the modchip for me? Of course I'll pay you, but I don't feel that I could do it myself. I have a d-pad mod kit too, I'd like that fitted aswell. My PSP is a JPN 2004 launch unit, and I am mighty sad that it has bricked.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 14-12-2006, 11:26.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

I could do the d-pad mod for you mate as i did my own,but im guessing you'll want them both done at the same time.

How about ghost2fitter. They may do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey
      I could do the d-pad mod for you mate as i did my own,but im guessing you'll want them both done at the same time.

How about ghost2fitter. They may do it?
      If you can d-pad/button mod my PSP, and keep it dust free. I'll take you up on that matey. You can pick it up when you come by for the GRAW DVD I guess
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

TBH you'd be better buying a new psp, the way your psp died doen't seem like a conventional brick (i.e not during upgrade/downgrade) so there is no way of knowing for sure it's a flash problem.

Also, fitting a modchip on the psp is probably the one of the most difficult solder jobs your ever likely to do, and paying someone for the privelege is crazy money. Have a look on www.psphacking101.com they have a pretty good video on the install, and how flippin hard it is.

Seriously tho, a 2nd hand psp for 80/90 quid is the easiest option mate, esp if your not bothered about firmware etc.

bm

Comment

How exactly did your PSP die? The chip can restore one that has died due to a bad flash but if it's another issue it likely won't, and since it's such a difficult installation it could be an expensive route for it to try only for it to not work.

Comment

Working...
          X