Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import Gamecube modified RGB Cable problems!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Gamecube modified RGB Cable problems!!!!

I hope someone can help me on this!!!
    I bought an excellent cable made by saurion(sorry if that's spelt wrong!) about 9 months ago for my import gamecube and all has been excellent up to now, all of sudden, although my picture is of nice rgb quality, it is all green(scarily just how dvd's look through rgb on a PS2!). I have no idea why my cable has done this and was just wondering if anyone else might just know how to fix this problem or somewhere/someone who might?!
    If it helps I opened up the scart socket end(that plugs into the tv) and didn't find any solder points had come loose of the like so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with either the gamecube socket end or my gamecube itself! Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Are you using a multi-scart splitter? Mine goes green if one of the record/recode buttons is pressed in

Just a thought

Comment

No, no mutli-scart adaptor I'm afraid, I still think it's something to do with the the end that plugs into the gamecube? I'll let you all know if I do manage to fix it!

Comment

Is the scart going straight to the TV or through other AV equipment?

Is the cable constantly connected between GameCube and TV or do you connect only when you want to play?
        If this is the case sometimes the scart socket in the TV becomes loose creating dry solder joints and hence bad connections.

Comment

I had exactly this problem at one stage when I built my own cable - perfect picture, but colours were way too green. It was caused by the resistor not being properly connected between the DAC and the board - it's a fairly tight squeeze in the GC end of the cable and the resistor had been pushed aside by the inner metal casing.

Has your lead been moved about recently? Perhaps a similar thing has happened, and the resistor has come loose. The solution would be to open up the 'cube end of the lead and check everything's OK. See http://www.rgbcube.co.uk/Main.html for how it should look.

Comment

I think you're right and the problem must be on the DAC end of the cable as I haven't opened up that end yet. Although I do swap round scart cables on the back of my tv between my gc and xbox, it's not the tv as the xbox picture is still perfect. Thanks to everyone for the help on this, Saur got in contact with me and thinks it's the DAC as well so i'll let him have a look at it. I'll let you all know as soon as it's fixed!

Comment

Working...
            X