Second Wiimote detection..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Wiimote detection..

I have too Wiimotes. The first one came with my Wii and the second was bundled with Wiisports. Both wiimotes work perfectly but there is this thing that annoys me with them. Whenever I start the Wii, the wiimote that was bundled with it assumes control while the other one is asleep, and whenever I want to play a multiplayer I need to press the home button on the wiimote and disconnect it then reconnect it and connect the other wiimote I want to use for the wii to register to wiimotes.

Is it only my machine or does this happen to everyone?

And isnt there a way in which the Wii could detect and recognise the second wiimote without having to disconnect and reconnect?

Are you connecting it via the two red buttons syncing method, or the quick 'one-time' method like you'd use with someone elses wii with your remote?

Comment

I disconnect the wiimote that Im using then reconnect it again then connect the second wiimote.

I just press the "1" and "2" buttons simultaneously.

Can you explain each of the methods for me please?

Comment

Originally posted by Sogeking
        I disconnect the wiimote that Im using then reconnect it again then connect the second wiimote.

I just press the "1" and "2" buttons simultaneously.

Can you explain each of the methods for me please?
        Just press the power button on the 2nd remote. As long as you have synced the remote this works. To sync, press the red button on the remote (hidden in the battery compartment and then press the red button on the console (hidden under the SD card flap). There's a lot to be said for reading the instructions...

Comment

Yup, got it to work.. thanks people!

And about reading the instructions, well...

Comment

I was the same at the start, forgot you had to sync it and it just kept not working!

Comment

Working...
            X