Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo DS games for a girl - advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo DS games for a girl - advice needed!

Basically im thinking of buying a DS for a girlfriend. Ive not actually owned a DS myself so am not massively clued up on what games are out there.

A quick browse on the forum and other game shop sites reveals the usual suspects that i have heard about. What i really need though are some recommendations for what games would be good to buy for a girl whos not a gamer. Shes not in to games at all really but i know she is potentially in to the idea of having a DS (or something of that ilk) for journeys etc, or when she is just bored at home i guess.

So suggest away please

Brain Training's pretty easy to get into and will have that instant 'wow' factor if she's never encountered such a thing before. If she likes sudoku, multiply the 'wow' factor by three.

Comment

My missus is 30, occasional gamer in 2player stuff but never really into it to the same level as me..

However, got her a DS early this year, and she loves it. Above anything else, the one she loves, is Animal Crossing. After that, probably trauma centre, and New Super Mario Bros.

Comment

Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon are good suggestions.

Comment

Any DS game is good for a girl. It's the Dawsons Creek of consoles.

Seriously, Nintendogs, Wario, or Brain Training are good choices.

Comment

I'd say Brain Academy as well. My woman has been into that as well as Training. Also, she enjoyed Trauma Centre.... Until it became too hard!

Comment

I didn't see my DS for about three weeks after my GF tried out Phoenix Wright. It's like an afternoon matinee soap, complete with cheesy elevator music She's also partial to a bit of Project Rub. But she thought Trauma Center was too icky.

Comment

only one my lady plays is zookeeper. and rhythm tengoku on the gba

Comment

What about Cooking Mama and Princess Peach. Both "girly" I guess, even if I loved both of them!

Comment

Elite beat agents!

Comment

Bratz Diamondz

It's the game every girl wantz.

Comment

So Brain Training looks a must really.

Im contemplating one more, maybe Animal Crossing, allthough bit concerned this requires some heavy attention on a daily basis?

A platformer might be good, although seriously doubting whether said girl posseses the necessary gaming skills to enjoy one!!

Comment

Super Mario Bros & Wario went down particularly well with my Wife.

Comment

Working...
                          X