Modifying Dreamcast Stick for XBox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying Dreamcast Stick for XBox

This is a question about modding a DC Stick by ripping out the innards and installing the innards of an XBox Gamester stick.

There seems to be a common problem where pressing B presses both A+B buttons on the console, and I wondered if anyone had a solution to this.

I know of a couple of successful mods, so I know it's possible, but I can't seem to get around this problem.

I suspect it's either to do with the fact the original stick has analogue buttons, and/or to do with the earth line not working properly.

If anyone can shed any light on a solution to this problem before I start messing about with resistors I'd be most grateful.

-J

I know nothing about how to do it. But why not do what I've done and get a PS2 Soul Calibur 2 stick and a Dreambox or Magic box? It works perfectly and you get all 6 buttons. plus start+select. So if you're playing final burn for example you've got your 6 buttons plus start and coin insert

Comment

Well for a start I already have a gutted DC stick and partially installed Gamester bits!

Basically, if I touch the B wires together with all the other wires unconnected, B works.

But if I so much as hold the A wires (but with no contact being made between their exposed ends), and touch the B wires together, it registers an A AND B press....

Very strange.

-J

Comment

Working...
      X