No announcement yet.

Wii connecting error 51330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally fixed this by changing the broadcast mode on my router.

It was set to Auto, which I thought was correct, as I'd read in various places that 'G only' would not work. On my Belkin router there is a 3rd option (can't remember the name), switched to this and it worked no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky_ob View Post
      I finally fixed this by changing the broadcast mode on my router.

It was set to Auto, which I thought was correct, as I'd read in various places that 'G only' would not work. On my Belkin router there is a 3rd option (can't remember the name), switched to this and it worked no problem.
      Hmm.

G means 54mbit only. Auto (I assume) is mixed mode 11mbit/54mbit, which is the best for compatibility (though arguably slower, it's the one to use if you want to use 54mbit yet still have 11mbit devices e.g DS).
      I can only assume the other mode (the one your using) is B Only mode, which will force everything including 54Mbit devices) to run in 11mbit...

Comment

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm now getting the same error.

Since moving from TalkTalk ADSL broadband to Virgin Media fibre optic, I can no longer connect the Wii to the internet. All of the network's credentials are the same as before, except I'm using WPA2/AES now, but that's one the Wii supports according to the internet settings pages and it detects this when searching for the SSID. I've tried changing the channel, searching for the SSID, manually putting in the SSID, the password is correct, I've manually added DNS servers, tried it with a static IP, etc. and I've tried all the suggestions on the Nintendo customer service page and still get the 51330 error. With TalkTalk it worked upon searching for the network and entering the password, I could even change channels on the router and it would still work.

Comment

Working...
        X