[PS2] Driving Force FF wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PS2] Driving Force FF wheel

Thinking about picking one of these up after work today.

Anyone got one?

What's the force feedback like?

Thanks

I've got one. Its generally wonderful, glorious and lovely, but for two things.

1) Its a bit flakey for Gran Tourismo 3 (don't know about Concept). Despite being the one game you'd most want to use it with, its the one game it has a problem with - you can't change gear manually at full lock. Some claim the accellerator and brake don't travel to 100% either, but I've not noticed myself. Its not the end of the world, but its annoying.

2) I've found that once you get past the novelty, the hassle of setting it up when you want to use it, and finding an appropriate place to set it up, means that it doesn't get used much in my house. Its better (much better) than just a dualshock for the likes of WRC2 and Burnout, but I just can't be faffed at the end of the day.

Comment

Hmmm, that's a thought.

I already have Official wheels for PSOne and Dc and they rarely get used.

It has problems with Initial D as well I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
        It has problems with Initial D as well I heard.
        Yeah, if you want to use it for Initial D, get the GT Force wheel (minus D-Pad) as the Driving Force has the triggers incorrectly mapped and Initial D doesn't let you reconfigure buttons.

Comment

Is the GT Force getting a UK release?

It's ?84 at Yesasia whereas the Driving Force is only ?50 here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
            Is the GT Force getting a UK release?

It's ?84 at Yesasia whereas the Driving Force is only ?50 here.
            The GT Force has been out since July 2001 when GT3 got a PAL release. It comes in a white and red box (IIRC) and they are usually stockpiled in larger HMVs.

The Driving Force is actually a later wheel that usually retails for ?50 more than the GT Force.

Comment

I've not seen a GT Force on sale anywhere in the UK since shortly after the Driving Force was released. Certainly, if you can find the GT Force its the one to get, but I tried for a while before giving up and getting the Driving Force instead.

Comment

I saw a Driving Force for ?49.99 at our local Virgin. May get it then.

Comment

I got a Driving Force yesterday (from Amazon, after some scouting and couldn't find any... 4-8 weeks delivery, ordered Saturday got Tuesday ) and it is pretty cool.

Forcefeed-back is shocking in places! For example, I put a Type-R in reverse on a hill in GT-Concept and it rolls backwards, starting to turn - the wheel turned with it! Another cool thing is taking your hands off the wheel on a straight and seeing the wheel move left/right slightly as the car drifts a little

Handling is fantastic and you can really feel the direction of the wheels, bumbs and undulations of the road playing GT, especially on in the rally sections. Well worth the money if you like your driving games and have the necessary game support.

Interestingly, I read a few negative things about the brake pedal and the gear-shift levers not working with +70% lock; I haven't had these problems, being able to change gears in corners fine and the brake shows 100% in the replays Just experience with GT and Concept (Jap), no Initial D I'm afraid.

Comment

Excellent. I didn't get a chance to try it last night- but Inital D and GT Concept are in for a bashing tonight!

Comment

Let me know how you get one with Initial D mate, you bought the Driving Force yeah? Cool... 8)

Only problem I had was me squeezing the triggers to accel/brake in a panic - it is a really bad habit I got into playing on the DC wheel with F355/SRC2 and I do it on most other wheels, even the Saturn Still, GT works brilliantly and I love just driving around for the hell of it

Comment

Ive had my Driving force for a week or so and its going back

The gears do not work at 100% lock, to begin with this wasnt a problem but now ive been using it more and occasionally it kicks in Esp when using the GT1 cars as they need more lock in tight corners to get around

The D pad geard in ID is putting me off also

I think im gonna try and get a GT force, failing that wait for the new GT4 wheel !!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X