PS2 sticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 sticks?

So guys... What are the best arcade sticks for the PS2?

I have a load of the SNK & Capcom ports and my brother just picked up Hyper SFII so we are both looking for decent sticks. A Neo Geo Stick 2 would be good for me, but we both want one with a 6 button layout.

What would you guys recommend?

Oh yeah, we don't want to pay stupid money either!!!

The best six button stick on the PS2 is the Hori Soul Calibur 2 stick but they aren't available to buy brand new any more, sadly.

Comment

modded hori real arcade pro ftw, its better in every way than the soul cal 2 stick. just 8 face buttons(which you can mod so they are blanked out)

x-aracde custom sticks are good too.

loads of hori's at super vs battle 2007 mainstream stick of choice, short of custom efforts.

Comment

Hori is pretty safe bet. There is Virtua Fighter 4 (Might not have enough buttons), Soul Calibur 2 (six buttons) or Tekken 5 (eight buttons).

Garok Marks of the wolves have own Neo Arcade stick. But it probably don't have enough buttons.

There probably be more expensive one.

Comment

I prefer the Namco PS1 joystick to the Soul Calibur II one. The Grey one with yellow buttons.

Comment

I've got a Hori SCII stick & couldnt be without it now.

Cracking stick, has really helped my shooter skills, Fighters I'm still re learning...so used to using a pad for them it's taking som time to re adjust.

I would have loved to get a Hori Real Arcade but I couldnt justify nearly ?70 for a second hand stick even if they are THAT good, so the ?30 I paid for my SCII was the best option.

If you can find one I'd say deffinitley get one.

I never really considered the Neo sticks because of the layout.
            For fighters I really need the 6 buttons laid out like the SCII or Real Arcade, just like they were for the SF2 cabinets way back when

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              I never really considered the Neo sticks because of the layout.
              For fighters I really need the 6 buttons laid out like the SCII or Real Arcade, just like they were for the SF2 cabinets way back when
              I have a lot of SNK ports, so that would be ok for me

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak View Post
                I have a lot of SNK ports, so that would be ok for me
                I love the look of some of the Neo sticks...especially the White Fan one that they have on Play-Asia.

I think I would like one as well eventually but I only have Garou at the mo, so think it's a bit of a waste of money for the time being.

Give it a few months after I get KoF XI & Orochi Collection & Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2 then I may rethink the situation

Neil

Comment

this link is for a guy who makes custom sticks. He is a chap from the neo-empire forums and he was at Super vs Battle this year(i saw a guy using one of his custom beauties) and it looked the muttz nuttz.

oh and they look to be 100% sanwa/seimistu parts too!!

Comment

Damn they look nice. Any idea how much he charges?

Comment

i just emailed him about the white one. just out of interest tbh. i'll post what he's charging.

Comment

Hori Fighting Stick PS1, modded with Sanwa parts. I win.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

no you clearly dont.

custom sticks are always the best tbh. the parts are hand picked and they dont look like a high school IT project.

Hori RAP with full sanwa over the ps1 fighting stick anyday.

Comment

I clearly do. The FS1 first version is made out of metal, the base is the perfect shape, and weight hence there being so many versions of it over the years. RAP is too big for starters, and only the first version can be modded. Custom sticks are ok I guess, but mine have exactly the same parts in a better base. I've had these sticks since 1994. 13 years, that's how good they are.
                            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 09-02-2007, 09:32.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I have a Namco stick and Neo Geo stick for my PS2. I like to use the Neo one with anything that requires 4 buttons or less, so I just use the Namco one for the Capcom stuff. The only thing I'd say about the Namco one is that it doesn't feel quite as responsive as the Neo stick, especially the buttons but that might just be me.

Comment

Working...
                              X