Mac OS X mail clients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac OS X mail clients?

Mail.app chews up a lot of emails (junks and deletes them automatically) so it's pretty much useless to me, yet Entourage is so complicated, I can barely use it.

Any good alternatives?

Can filtering not be turned off in Mail?

I was looking for a client last night, ended up just getting Thunderbird, it seems ok and does the job.

Comment

just turn off the auto delete on the junk folder (or alter it) and check it every so often. If you are getting things that arent junk going in there, just mark them not junk?

Or have I completely missed the point?

Comment

I played around with the settings on Mail.app, hopefully thinks should be better.

Just wish I could do a complete reset of Mail, go back to the default settings.

Why Apple can't provide a mail program that is as easy to use as Safari web browser is anyone's guess.

Kind of nostalgic now for when I used PINE at university for my email needs.

Comment

The Thunderbird 2 beta client is quite good. It has not given me any trouble despite being in beta

Comment

If you want to reset Mail.app backup up your mailboxes then scrub the Mail preferences file. And delete any references to Mail in Keychain.

Comment

Working...
            X