scratched UMD problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scratched UMD problem

I am so depressed... I just put tekken into my psp and it won't load up. I looked at the disk and there seems to be a scratch on the inner part of the UMD. I don't know how this could have occured seeing as I am careful with my games.
    could it be that the PSP itself did it?
    Anyways, I can't get it working at all and its the only game i can be bothered playing.
    has anyone had the same problem and even better does anyone know how to get it working? I'ts american and I got it on release so i can pretty much forget the idea of a refund...

cheers

you could open up the umd case and try cleaning the disc directly i suppose but it 's probably not recommended.

In any case, it seems that you are one of the few with a legitimate reason to load the iso of the game?

Comment

Um.. in your position I'd consider an ISO of the game. You 'own' the original disc, so go and get the dark_alex firmware and sort yourself out..

Comment

I would get the iso but I have no clue as to going about it. I recently got metal gear portable ops so my firmware is the latest version (maybe 3.03 or something?) I read that your psp has to be 1.5 maybe. also, I'm guessing I'll need to get a bigger memory stick. does anyone know of any good sites that could show me how to go about getting started with this? also, how much does a bigger memory stick cost these days?

cheers again

Comment

You're in luck if you're on 3.03 since that's the highest that can currently be downgraded to 1.5, and then from that up to the dax firmware. There are tutorials (check the forums) and all the required files on PSP Hacks.

Comment

If you have 3.03 you need GTA Liberty City Stories, the version with he 2.0 update.

You can use that to downgrade the psp to 1.5 and then you can install a custom firmware on there.

As for cheap memory sticks. Ebay if you're feeling lucky.Or play.com have some good deals.

Comment

Working...
            X