Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy GC NON-PLAYER'S CHOICE Megaman Anniversary Collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy GC NON-PLAYER'S CHOICE Megaman Anniversary Collection?

Hi folks, I consider myself a collector and after recently ordering Megaman Anniversary Collection, I found it to be Player's Choice which I don't want - I really want the original version new and sealed. Well, despite looking all over the site, I've been able to find very few decent importers or internationally shipping shops.

I've emailed several eBayers and Amazon Marketplace sellers about finding the non Player's Choice game and a few shops, new and sealed and it's either been a "Nope, sorry" or no reply at all.

So I'm wondering... is anyone aware of ANYWHERE that I can secure this game?

Thank you to anyone that can help!
    Last edited by SG; 25-02-2007, 18:55.

Do you want the non players choice one because of artwork. The american players choice games have the original disc art and manual the only difference is the gold lettering at the top of the box. It seems that only the PC is out online sadly, i am like you and avoid budget releases if the artwork is altered on the disc or packaging but to be fair to the PC range in the states it does not change anything really.

Comment

It's simply because PC is not the original version. I'm a perfectionist and IMO the PC is not as prestigious. This is what I was worried about everywhere seems sold out but surely there must be SOMEWHERE that sells it?

I like stuff brand new but I had a thought... do you know if the disc or booklet looks any different? I have known PC stuff to be in black and white so have you any idea? If I can get hold of a decent non PC cover then that with a PC game and booklet (which look the same as non PC) would be great.

Comment

For the Cube, the only difference is the inlay. The manual and disc are exactly the same. And as for PC, well same boat, all my Cube games are original release. I also only buy the US version not Canadian (though there are at least two US releases that are dual language only).

You're probably going to have to rely on eBay here...

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Just checked my copy of Mega Man again and yes the disc has no PC stuff on it and the manual has no PC stuff on it. If you could find a scan of the boxart of the non pc version you would be sorted. I understand your problem though and hope u find the one u want. PAL PSX and PS2 budget titles are the worst as they ruin the disc art.

edit

oops see Mayhem has already found it for u good on Mayhem what a helpful site this is
          Last edited by mononokehime316uk; 27-02-2007, 20:19.

Comment

My Megaman x collection from playasia is the US vers, sealed, non PC.... And was cheap as chips?

Comment

I don't think that was released in PC, he was after the original Megaman Collection which was.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Thanks for the links but I really only want one brand new sealed. I was looking at getting a 2nd hand copy and a PC brand new sealed version and swapping the covers whilst having a new unhandled sparkly book from the PC box and a new disc too, but no need to worry any more - I finally got one via Amazon Marketplace US.

They won't ship to UK even through Marketplace so I had to deal with the sellers privately. I emailed every single seller that had it new, and only a few replied - 3 of which had the non PC! One has sent it out - insured, and should anything happen I know that I can get another from the other sellers that had it.

Thanks for your suggestions though guys! I never played the MM games as a kid and I absolutely love older games - platformers/adventures in particular so I really really can't wait to bust this bad boy open.

If this has taught me anything, it's to not hang around to get the good games if you value them like I do. Which is the excuse I'm going to use to get Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing to the Mrs...

Oh, and Katsujinken: sorry to piss on your bonfire, but I also have MMXC (which I won't be playing until I've played all the prequels on MMAC) new and PC, because it's not even released as PC yet.

Comment

Working...
                X