GC Arcade Stick on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC Arcade Stick on PC

I have a SuperJoyBox 13 which allows me to use a Gamecube pad on the PC. However has anyone successfully managed to use arcade stick this way?

I have a Hori 6 button stick but for some reason when in game it won't recognise the stick's movements, going into the driver calibration shows I can move it however...

Any help appreciated.

Have you got PS2 version of arcade stick. Use Magicbox as it will work with PC. (Well it work for my xbox)

Comment

I've only got a gamecube Hori stick. I thought just by connecting it through the same adapter that I use for the standard gamecube pad would be fine, but the actual stick doesn't respond to the button mapping in games.

Shame really as it's a tidy piece of equipment.

Comment

Are your in game controls bound correctly? Do you need to calibrate the stick in Windows?

Comment

It may be due to the lack of analogue signal from the stick, and the converter expecting one. Do you find if you choose joystick control in games that one direction is constantly held?

This is the same thing which tends to make some ps2 > whatever converters have lag on input.

Comment

Not sure really, all I know is that I cannot calibrate the stick to any program's mapping option, which in turn means I cannot have control of a character in a game. Strangely though the rest of the buttons work fine.

Comment

It might be worth a go with Joy2Key then. It maps joystick input to keys, you can then assign those keys ingame.

Comment

there should be a trick to get round this. Get one of the programs that maps a key press to a joypad/joystick, and in the game that you are playing say assign controls to the arrow keys (or num pad if you want diagonals). If the driver program detects the movement then hopefully the key program should too.

Can't remember any good programs off hand, but used one in the past for old games that have limited joypad support (only four buttons etc.)

**Edit**

Beaten to it!!

Comment

Working...
                X