NTSC-exclusive PS2 games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTSC-exclusive PS2 games?

Hey guys. I just got my PStwo chipped and I'm trying to track down some NTSC-exclusive games that never made it over here.

So far I've picked up:

Grandia III
    Harvest Moon: Save The Homeland
    Katamari Damacy
    Magic Pengel
    Graffiti Kingdom
    (Thanks to Dock from Gamiko for directing me to http://www.videogamesplus.ca/!)

I know there are many, many more - some of which I'm sure I've wanted for a long time, but have now forgotten! Is there a list anywhere? If not, could you guys please recommend any glaringly obvious gems I've missed?

Cheers!

Skye.

I'm assuming you mean US judging from the games you've listed, and not jap?

In any case, I like my RPGs so... Suikoden III didn't make it here. I don't think we've gotten Tales of the Abyss or SMT: Devil Summoner yet. And I can't imagine we'll be seeing Persona 3.

Comment

Xenosaga Episode I

Comment

If you like Street Fighter the Japanese PS2 has the best home version of Third Strike.

Comment

Let's not even get onto the Cave games!!!

Comment

Mega Man Anniversary Collection
            Mega Man X Collection (both are nice n cheap)
            Sky Gunner
            Rogue Galaxy (Pal version is some way off)

Also further recommendation for Xenosaga I and Suikoden III.

Comment

Great stuff so far! Yeah, I'm interested in US RPGs that didn't make it over here (unsure whether to wait for the PAL release of Rogue Galaxy yet). However, if there are any Japanese games that are not too text-heavy I'm interested in those too!

Skye.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak View Post
                Let's not even get onto the Cave games!!!
                Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou.

Think i've got a copy in my trading thread, if not I need to add it. So much to do, so little time.

Comment

Originally posted by Skye View Post
                  Great stuff so far! Yeah, I'm interested in US RPGs that didn't make it over here (unsure whether to wait for the PAL release of Rogue Galaxy yet). However, if there are any Japanese games that are not too text-heavy I'm interested in those too!

Skye.
                  Not mainstream, but i've been enjoying Metal Saga recently, that didn't make it here. Romancing Saga is another one to look out for - top RPG.

And don't forget the RPG's (well not just RPG's) which were released in PAL-land but got a shoddy conversion - FFX, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean 3, and many more.

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever View Post
                    If you like Street Fighter the Japanese PS2 has the best home version of Third Strike.
                    apart from the us anniversary edition

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
                      ...which were released in PAL-land but got a shoddy conversion - FFX, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean 3, and many more.
                      What differences are there though? Anything much apart from the borders?

Skye.

Comment

There's quite a few Atlus release RPGs - both Growlansers are pretty decent, Dual Hearts is an ok Zelda clone, Tsugunai Atonement a half decent medievil RPG. Also Square-enixs Radiata Stories(a bit poor though) and the recent Gust made Ar Tonelico I can think of.

There's a few more aswell but I can't just think of them as I'm not at home sitting in front of my games. Also though a decent chipped PS2 means a string of excellent unreleased NTSC PS1 RPGs aswell.
                        Last edited by AdamJW; 15-03-2007, 15:43.

Comment

Still don't understand why this hasn't had a PAL release but the true follow up to the niche but still well received RTS/action game Naval Ops Warship Gunner: Warship Gunner 2 is still NTSC only (both US & Jap).

It's the game that has been tempting me into getting a modded or swap-magic PSTwo but for one game I really just can't justify the cost.

Comment

Working...
                          X