Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS recommendations

Hi.
    I know these sort of questions are asked all the time, but I tend to not keep up with software releases on hardware I don't own.
    I have recently bought myself a DS, mainly to breakdown the boredom involved in travelling, and work!
    Sooo, I was wondering if you people could give me some idea what to get for it.
    I have a copy of Resident Evil DS on the way, looking forward to that.
    I'm interested in the Wario game, (Is this as good as the GBA version?) and I have always enjoyed the Castlevania series, but there's 2 games out I see, what would be the better one to go for as I have limited funds nowadays?!
    Is ebay any good for games or are they all filthy pirates like the GBA games available?
    Any help is very much appreciated.
    Plus if you have any links to web sites with said games that are cheap, please let me know.
    Also if anyone readng this is selling any DS games feel free to PM me a list ad I will take a look.
    Oh and I'm not interested in Animal Crossing, I put far too much time into the GC version, so no thanks!
    Ta!

Originally posted by jimmie2k View Post
    I'm interested in the Wario game, (Is this as good as the GBA version?)
    You mean the new Wario Land game? From what I've heard it's not as good as the best GBA ones, but I haven't sampled it myself. If you mean WarioWare, by all means go ahead and buy it.

I have always enjoyed the Castlevania series, but there's 2 games out I see, what would be the better one to go for as I have limited funds nowadays?!
    Personally I preferred the first one (Dawn of Sorrow). Despite some occasionally annoying touch screen mechanics it's overall a better game IMO. Some might disagree.

Is ebay any good for games or are they all filthy pirates like the GBA games available?
    I think pirated DS games do exist, but they haven't infested eBay to the extent that the GBA copies have. As long as you're careful what you're buying and check feedback you're pretty safe, for now at least.

Plus if you have any links to web sites with said games that are cheap, please let me know.
    The usual suspects really: I like Video Games Plus and Tronix for US stuff, and Play-Asia and YesAsia for Japanese. PA is always worth a check for American stuff as well.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hi.
      I was wondering if you people could give me some idea what to get for it.
      Here goes...

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
      Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 2: Justice For All
      Trauma Center: Under The Knife
      Elite Beat Agents OR Ouendan
      (both are worth owning imho, but it might be down to your personal preference)
      Brain Training
      Tetris DS
      Mario Kart DS
      Advance Wars DS
      Hotel Dusk: Room 215
      42 All-Time Classics
      Bomberman Land Touch!
      Polarium
      Nintendo Touch Golf: Birdie Challenge
      Picross DS
      New Super Mario Bros.
      Zoo Keeper

All of the above are top-class titles that you can't go wrong with, imho!
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 19-03-2007, 05:43.

Comment

Thanks fellas. Yes Neko I was on about Wario Ware, I love the GBA version but have pretty much rinsed it now. Seems to be pretty hard to get hold of, so might have to start a wanted thread.
        What's Metroid like? Is the control method as awful as I've heard or is that worth a punt? I loved Metroid Prime btw.
        Oh and Nu-Eclipse, loving your avatar.

Comment

I'd like to add Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, if you want a meatier adventure game and, how can you forget, New Super Mario Bros. Possibly the best game on the DS.

Wario Ware on the DS is my favourite edition of the game, so yeah, well worth an own!

Comment

Working...
          X