Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else get RSI when using the Wii ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else get RSI when using the Wii ?

I only got my Wii yesterday and already me right wrist is giving me gip. anybody else have this problem ?

And no wanking jokes please as I use my left for that and it's fine.

Is it to do with the way I'm holding the wii remote or just one of those things, I've never had a problem with any other console but then I've never had to move my wrist around like I'm having to do on SSX Blur etc.

Exite Truck is fine and doesn't give me a problem.
    Last edited by Unwell Cat; 18-03-2007, 08:45.

You probably work the right hand/arm too hard as it is not use to doing this kind of excerise.

Probably due to lack of fitness on that part of body.

Comment

I'd say it's kinda normal. When I first bought the original DS handling it with just one hand was pretty tiring, even if I'm used to work 10 hours straight with a mouse or a graphic tablet pen.
      If you are not used to move your wrist a lot some strain is only to be expected, especially when you are waving around some "heavy" as the Wiimote.
      While holding the remote horizontally you distribute its weight on both hands and as both hands are "locked" on a solid objects, movements tend to start from the elbow or the shoulder rather than the wrist.

Just don't overwork yourself and take pauses when the wrist is aching, you'll slowly get used to it.
      Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 18-03-2007, 10:23.

Comment

Working...
      X