snk vs capcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snk vs capcom

Does anyone know a release date for snk vs capcom on home cart yet?

There was a thread on snk-capcom.com which hinted at around October, the Arcade version is pretty much ready to go now, so it shouldn't be too long. I hear it'll be expensive though.

Comment

Hi Trev. looks like you have PC access now - hope that means we see you around more ^^

There was a thread on snk-capcom.com which hinted at around October, the Arcade version is pretty much ready to go now, so it shouldn't be too long. I hear it'll be expensive though.
      October sounds roughly right, but I bet this is an educated guess. AES games normally appear 2-3 months after their MVS equivalents, so October's a safe estimate.

I think this price worry fuelled by the US AES owners on neo-geo.com is bull****, tbh. Unless the cart is by far bigger than Metal Slug 3, or one of the other huge ROM counted games (700 meg-plus), I don't see why the cost should be massive - especially as Playmore operates the same wholesaler preorder scheme as SNK did, therefore knowing how big the market for the game will roughly be in advance, and calculating the costs based on that.

Well, time will tell

Comment

thanks for that guys

yeah stu ill be on this forum more often from now on.
        i was hoping snk vs capcom was goung to be about ?250.00 im not really willing to spend more than that on it,if it is anymore ill have to wait for the mvs version to drop in price (i have a supergun now)

oh yeah hope we get a dreamcast port id buy that also just cause it was on DC i love my dreamcast

Comment

Originally posted by trev1976
          thanks for that guys

i was hoping snk vs capcom was goung to be about ?250.00 im not really willing to spend more than that on it,if it is anymore ill have to wait for the mvs version to drop in price (i have a supergun now)

oh yeah hope we get a dreamcast port id buy that also just cause it was on DC i love my dreamcast
          that would be amazing if there was a DC port

Comment

Unfortunately Playmore only seem interested in talking about a PS2 port along with the home cart.

It hurts but I honestly dont think we'll be seeing any more Playmore software on the trusty DC (Id love to be proved otherwise!)

Comment

Originally posted by Kron
              Unfortunately Playmore only seem interested in talking about a PS2 port along with the home cart.

It hurts but I honestly dont think we'll be seeing any more Playmore software on the trusty DC (Id love to be proved otherwise!)
              oh thats such a shame

I do own a PS2 but if i had to choose between them id choose my DC every time

Comment

That seems silly.

The DC thrashes the PS2 when it comes to 2D - Even Fire-Pro Wrestling stands out with its larger and more detailed sprites.

With the DC software authoring fee now abolished it seems like a waste of money NOT porting it over. Given the high demand for new games on the DC, especially 2D fighters.

Hmm - I don't really trust Playmore anyhow, not after the piss-poor 'cut-and-paste' efforts they've been churning out since 2001. Without the 'pre-99' key staff SNK is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Trev1976
                  Well, you'll have to wait a year or so, but it'll be dirt cheap then

Originally posted by Fallows
                  Hmm - I don't really trust Playmore anyhow, not after the piss-poor 'cut-and-paste' efforts they've been churning out since 2001. Without the 'pre-99' key staff SNK is dead.
                  Hmm.....maybe. I'd give them time, though. Metal Slug 5 certainly isn't cut and paste, SVC Chaos is getting great reviews, and all the Capcom characters are brand new sprites (bar, I think, Hugo).

There was a massive turnaround in staff needed at Playmore after they bought the SNK IP, and it's gonna take some time for them to get it right. But I agree it's luncy to ignore a DC release, totally.

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
                    Hmm.....maybe. I'd give them time, though. Metal Slug 5 certainly isn't cut and paste, SVC Chaos is getting great reviews, and all the Capcom characters are brand new sprites (bar, I think, Hugo).

There was a massive turnaround in staff needed at Playmore after they bought the SNK IP, and it's gonna take some time for them to get it right. But I agree it's lunacy to ignore a DC release, totally.
                    Nice one mate! At last I've found someone else who has noticed the decline in quality since the takeover!

I know what you mean about the new blood. I think it just takes time for them to mature - however, if everyone keeps blowing smoke up their asses I don't think we'll see a rise in quality.

Refining 2D work is 10x more work than refining 3D work IMO - And we can't have those guys just sit back and think that what they're churning out is as good as what the SNK boys were producing back in the mid to late nineties. It's not. Granted, KoF'02 was a vastly superior to their previous efforts, however, there are still a lot of cut corners that are obvious even to people who don't follow 2D. An example: My mates were laughing at me when the spotted the Iori sprite change when he walks and then stands still. I couldn't defend that - his hair clearly changes colour, as does the shape of his face! Then they went on to say how the backgrounds looked like they were out of a SNES game...

We all liked the gameplay - yet we still prefered to play '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

That's not 100% accurate. Their is going to be an (bizarre as it sounds) Xbox port along with the PS2 version of the game. See the Ben Herman of Playmore interview a few weeks back for proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Plisken
                        That's not 100% accurate. Their is going to be an (bizarre as it sounds) Xbox port along with the PS2 version of the game. See the Ben Herman of Playmore interview a few weeks back for proof.
                        cool well a xbox port is welcome

has anyone heard if capcom will be bringing out capcom vs snk 3 or are they laying low on this for the time being cause of the playmores snk vs capcom version

Comment

Who knows? It'd be cheap enough to produce. If EO has done well, there's a good chance.

Sidez reliably informed me the SNK characters are overpowered compared to the Capcom ones in SVC Chaos, so I guess that makes things even

Comment

Is this game actually out yet or is it still on 'test' release?

Comment

SVC Chaos? Came out on MVS and arcade in Japan a couple of weeks ago, and today in NA. AES version may be as late as September/October.

Comment

Working...
                              X